3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New TBM got here yesterday.  (Read 821 times)

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New TBM got here yesterday.
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »
I agree with everyone on this one.  One of the best issues in years, and that's saying alot.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
Robin, Randy, Tim   Thank you for your comments about the story. I had to do some soul searching before writing the article. Had to evaluate and show sensitive to the family as well as many of Bart's friends. It was a great loss. It wasn't until I read a letter that Bart wrote to Barry Wensel that I felt it would be OK with Bart for someone to write about his life. In that letter Bart thanked Barry  for writing a tribute article about Paul Schafer after Paul's death. He said the story helped him get past a difficult time and he was pleased to see that the world would know about and be inspired by his friend and hero, Paul. So if it was OK for someone to write about Paul in Bart's mind (and in his own words), then I felt it would be OK for me to let folks know a little about Bart. The other risk to consider is depicting a man's entire life in a one or two part magazine article. I hope that the readers know that Bart was much much more than the simple words that I tried to put together.
Thanks again,
Mike

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
Mike
Never got to meet Bart but thanks to you we get to see a small window into the life of a extrordanary man. Many thanks for that.

I've worked with a few researchers, and in my opinion they are some of the best of our outdoorsman & women. They just look at things a little different than most.

The small look we get thru your writing of this man makes me want to do several things, get out there deeper and farther than ever before, push to, and find the boundaries of my personal limits. And most important, be a better person to my fellow man.

I'm waiting not so patiently for the second portion of your writing about someone we would all do well to pattern ourselves after.

Thanks again for giving us this look at a fine man. RS

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
Thanks to you Mike,
If it weren't for his friend keeping his memory alive some of us would go on not knowing the man he was.  The first article I read was "The Last Wild Man", which introduced me to Paul Schafer as well.  The stories of both men, there deeds and accomplishments changed the way I saw hunting, and the way I hunt.  I really appreciate the way your story is based on his life and not the sadness of his passing.  This may just be a two parter, but I'm sure there are stories for many issues to come if you see fit, either here or in the pages of TBM.  Continue the great writing and thanks again.

Tim
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
Just got my issue today, here in central MO....
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
I got mine late last week.  The mail horse must get to SW Missouri a little before it rides through the center of the state.  I've got mine half read already.  The articles continue to get better and better.  
Not to redirect the post (OK, maybe a little), but I do have one growing concern with the magazine.  It seems there are more and more articles and editorials talking about the "right way" to be a traditional bowhunter.  There was Dick Robertson's article, then Norm Johnson's views, and now Doug Borland's article.  These are all stand up guys, and I mean no disrespect to any of them.  Each of us has our own views and opinions, but I am seeing a broadening trend to lift up the guy that is able to hike out his back porch into the wilds of Montana or Alaska for a Saturday hunt and growing disregard for the guys who's lot in life is to hunt the back forty of the family farm, or Lord forbid the suburbs.  Worse yet, if the guy isn't shooting the right type of arrow or his bow isn't fashioned by hand from a fallen yew, heaven help him.  How could he be a true traditional bowhunter?  My rantings are perhaps a little overboard perhaps, but it saddens me to see the "holy heirarchy" within our ranks.  Sorry, should have posted my laments on my own thread.

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Not here yet!  I am pretty sure my mailman must be a trad archer since my mags are always late.  I amy have to stake out the mailbox with my bow if it doesn't come tomorrow.

Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Got mine yesterday...I read it cover to cover with my wife's blessing after finding out about the article written by Mike. Man what a read. Hope everybody gets it today! God Bless.
Mike Davenport

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
Got mine yesterday, and limited myself to only scanning the index.  The next few weeks will be a strong adherance to limiting my reading to an article per night so I am not "empty handed" for a month and a half like last time.  What a fenominal magazine.
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
Docbrady, I started to feel the same way as you reading the last couple of issues. In this issue Gene Wensel writes an excellent article sort of on the subject. LOL  If you have already read it you'll know what I mean. If you haven't read it yet start with his articl first. I found it very refreshing.

JOHN
I reckon so

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
Just got mine yesterday, only had time to glance so far, but it sure looks good.

Offline RamiusEng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
I like the bow they reviewed....Gotta get me one of those.
Ray

the "go to":Toelke R/D Whip 62" 55#@28.5

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
John,
I haven't ready Gene's article yet.  Maybe I should save it until last since I already read most of the rest.  Overall great articles, as usual.

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »
Still waiting on mine?

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Peachey, Killie might be readin yours till hers gets there  :readit:    :D

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Got mine today. Yahoo! New reading material.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
Leroy

There's a real handsome dude in the Traditional Harvest section this month.
Otto

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
I saw that Steve. Nice buck Dude!
LeRoy

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
I also see that Tippit and Bowdoc made the Trad Harvests page this time. Way to go Gents!
LeRoy

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Golden Hawk:
I also see that Tippit and Bowdoc made the Trad Harvests page this time. Way to go Gents!
Otto's in there too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©