3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Masters of the Barebow 4  (Read 542 times)

Offline REM

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Rick's Traditional Bowstrings
    • Rick's Traditional Bowstrings
Masters of the Barebow 4
« on: May 11, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
3 Rivers Archery has MBB4. I ordered mine Monday, I should receive it any day now.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Masters of the Barebow 4
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Let us know how you like it. I own the first three and really liked them. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about it!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »

MBB4 is now available at 3Rivers Archery, Black Widow Custom Bows and Lost Nation Archery.

I picked up some really good stuff from this vol. Jay helped me better understand the way my brain works and his "button" section has changed the way I aim. I did some research after we videoed this technique and was suprised that many top barebow archers incorporated something similar in their shot.

Joel's mantra and psycho trigger has helped me take the shot I built on the bale and execute better when the stress turns up.

Rod's change in the shot sequence helped me cross another hurdle on the path to becoming a better shot. His shot analysis part was inspiring. This was the first time he wasn't going in for shoulder surgery following the filming. It was nice to see Rod shooting pain free. My shot needed some real cleaning up and I can see a big improvement since we videoed the segment last year.

Hopefully there will be something for everyone in Vol. 4 and you will find it entertaining.

This is the final volume of the MBB series and we want to thank the sponsors, shooters and the folks who bought a copy for all of your support. It has been a lot of fun and we sure appreciate it.

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Now that is exciting news! I will watch for it at Cloverdale. Sorry to hear it's the last one, but glad Denny's shooting finally improved.
If it's in your way, move it.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Received my copy from Lost Nation Wednesday. Will finally have a chance to view it this evening. Sounds as though it will help with the mental aspects which have been trying me lately. Never had these problems before, may be due to on set of old age(LOL),hope this helps with a cure. If not at least my MBB collection is complete.
Hope what I learn helps with the 3D shoot I'm attending tomorrow.

Offline shedhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
awesome, great info.......ron

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Looking forward to watching this one.  Loved the first three in the series.

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
I wondered what there was left to say.... but it sounds like a worthy end to a fine series!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »
any chance we could hear who the masters are on this volume?
bryce olson

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
So how's the DVD? I'm sure its great and I'll buy it either way but I like hearing reviews. So lets hear it guys!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Just when ya thought it was safe to go into the water...... Bam! Another One! Gonna order it right now.

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Stoutstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
I've heard this is a great series. Need to check them out.

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »
I will order one next week...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by wasapt:
any chance we could hear who the masters are on this volume?
Jay Kidwell, Ph.D.,Joel Turner, Rod Jenkins, and Denny Sturgis, Jr. Thats what I found on 3Rivers
Jon Richards

>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Doug in MI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
I've had my copy for about a week now. Its different than the other three series for sure.
Its alot on the mental side of shooting and also some definate tips for target panic.But it adds another element to becoming a better shooter. I think its money well spent and definetly picked up a couple things already from watching it.I got alot out of watching Joel Turners part of the video. And after you see how Rod Jenkins picks things out on watching a video of someone shoot it realy makes me want to take one of his shooting classes.
Team Hoots
Lil Hoot 55#@27
Black Widow SAIII 55#@27

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Might be a silly questions, but do you need to watch these volumes in order? or can I just pick one up watch it, and go on to the next regardless of what volume

Offline Ed Q

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Just sent you a PM, TxAg, and no, you don't need to watch them in order.

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by TxAg:
Might be a silly questions, but do you need to watch these volumes in order? or can I just pick one up watch it, and go on to the next regardless of what volume
If you seriously want to help your shooting then order #3 and while your at it pick up #4 as well and you will be well on your way to shooting better.

Doug in MI,

I attended Rod's class a couple weeks ago. The best money I have spent on my hunting ever!

D

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
I bought it with my Bohning refill today so I'll let you guys know how I like it. Volume 3 is easily the best video instruction available, with Rod Jenkins' segment being especially valuable. When I put his lessons into practice it helped my shooting immensely.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »
Didn't get mine yet but can tell ya this... The first three were great! Looking forward to this new one. Jay Kidwell is right on the mark when it comes to the mental part of archery. And then you have Denny... Brings back good memories about when I first got into this Trad Stuff.

We are all going to form our own style in shooting. Learning the basics from others at the start is the way to go. DVD's are kinda like a one-on-one cyber camp. You that are new to this should watch these videos and read all the books ya can. It helps a lot!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©