3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: piebald pics  (Read 432 times)

Offline don s

• Trad Bowhunter
piebald pics
« on: May 11, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
my daughter went to the cemetary to visit my mothers grave and she found this piebald at the cemetary. don

Offline Dave Thaxton

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: piebald pics
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Fine pics...I have ever only seen 1 piebald in my hunting career. They are so cool to observe.
64"55@28 Kohannah Flatbow
60"53@28 Robertson Peregrine
68"45@28 Howard Hill Redman

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Those are cool pics.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Very neat. I've been fortunate to have seen a few, and actually hunted a piebald doe for a few days in Ohio years ago. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
I've seen two dead on the road already this year. Never saw one before. One on the turnpike in Bedford PA and one here in NC.

Pretty deer.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
I wonder why a black and white horse is a piebald, a brown and white horse is a skewbald, but a brown and white deer is a piebald?  

English is hard.  :-(

I've seen 'em shot locally but never seen a live one.  We have all white deer (not albinos) up at the Seneca Army Depot and in a few other locations of NY.  I've seen one of them in Broome County and I imagine it went down fast.

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
We have a few here in northern Fairfax County, Virginia.  A few years ago I had numerous opportunities on a large doe, but passed as the landowners didn't want me to take her.  There is also a theory that taking one is bad luck.  That old doe was killed by a car two years ago but I still see the genes passed on in the local herd.  None of them have had as much white as she did, but there are some with interesting markings.  There was a large 8 point last year that had a white rump that almost made it look like an elk and he also had white lower front legs.  I had him at 15 yards twice but he never presented a shot.

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
I live and hunt in the foothills of NC.....I killed a 7 point pie bald buck in 1998 and less than a 1/4 mile from there killed a piebald doe in 2000......have hunted this property over 30 years and have never seen another or heard of anyone else around here harvesting one......
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
I saw two while driving through Iowa but never saw one during hunting cool pictures.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
I have seen a couple here in PA, but not while hunting.

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
Have not seen one lately. Used to be a couple where I hunt......Randy
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
Awesome pics. I sent an arrow over ones back in 2004. Kinda glad I missed, she was really pretty.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
Have only seen a quite nice 8 pointer, which was in the back of a guys pick-up and watched a doe once for 15 minutes. I would suspect the piebald recessive gene which are passed on are much more likely to occur in specific locales. The two I had seen were both from the same county and I have only hunted that county maybe a 1/2 dozen times.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline don s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
my daughter stephanie has told me she sees this deer quite a bit but was never able to get a pic. these were taken with her phone. not too bad. the cemetary is in lackawana newyork. it is not a rural area. the cemetary is surrounded by homes and very busy streets. don

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
I've seen two in the woods..killed a small 5pt and missed a nice 8pt. or so. The first one I saw was the bigger one and it was a cloudy morning in a hardwood creek bottom in Ga. (both were in Ga. Clark's Hill area). It was a weird experience because when I first caught sight of it I didn't know what it was. I saw patches of white coming towards me and then started putting the white patches with the brown and first thought it was a goat. Finally put it all  together and ended up missing it at about 10yds. because I drew on it too soon and had to move my bow with it and came to a limb, had to shoot too quick or let down and I shot and missed.

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
I have seen a few that others have killed but never one in the woods. Beautiful animals!!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline 4 point

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
Here is a trail cam pic of a piebald fawn. It's the only piebald deer I have seen our area.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Very cool Pics, never seen one live. Thanks, beautiful and unique animals.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Here is a picture of a small buck I shot with a Bear Cheyenne, 48#. I had seen him while scouting just prior to the season opening, then got the shot a couple of days after the season opened. I had seen a big piebald doe many times a few miles from the place I shot this buck. The doe had little ones with it every time it walked past me. I could have shot it a few times every year for about 3 years I watched it. It was too pretty to shoot, especially with little ones.
John

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Back home in Mo there is a gas station that has a full body mount of a doe that has been named Snow White, everyone knew her and everyone one knew that the land owners did not want her killed, but she got hit by a car one night and had to be put down, but now she is one display for all to see. I only saw her once in the woods.
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©