3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which Predator Camo  (Read 310 times)

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
Which Predator Camo
« on: May 14, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Hi all,
I am wanting to buy some of the Predator camo, but would like to know what you guys think of it?
I live in the UK so cannot see it first hand the web photos make it look great (but that's it job) so just not sure which colours to go for.
I was thinking Grey Fall and Spring Green, but it looks like they don't do all their range in that colour so may go for the Brown and the Green Deceptions...........
Please let me know what you guys think.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which Predator Camo
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
You can't go wrong with any of them.

If you are hunting something like deer, an animal that does not see color as well as movement, then the brown deception and fall grey are perfect choices. If you are hunting something that sees color and you are in a green environment, then the spring green is great.

All of them do a very good job of breaking up the human outline.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
When I wear camo preditor is my choice. The fall grey can be a little on the white side depending on the terrain. Great for treestand and inthe winter woods. That's what I wear for late fall and winter if I wear camo. For turkeys I use the spring green. I like it better than the deception bug I haven't tried that pattern. The turkeys don't mind it. Like Joe said you can't go wrong with any of it. You won't look like a black blob at further distances like you will with some other camo's.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
I wear Predator. Agree totally with smokin joe and magnus. Predator is a disruptive camo (as opposed to a blending camo) that accomplishes what you're after with a deer or elk and that is not necessarily to look like a blueberry bush, just to not look like a human. Different story with turkeys (or waterfowl, for that matter) ASAT is the clearest example of disruptive, but Predator blends a little better than it does. Its contrasts make it work.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
I've hunted with the Predator camo quite a bit over the years. (my favorite) I typically used Fall Grey, but after quite a few hunts with Terry Green who always uses the Spring Green I've become sold on it's versatility... regardless of time of year or location.
It just seems to blend in everywhere. Here are a few examples....

http://www.tradgang.com/upload/charlie/TGreenwatch.jpg
     http://www.tradgang.com/upload/charlie/08WYOterrydrawsnowL.jpg
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
I live in the piney woods of southeast Texas with all of it's evergreen pines, evergreen live oaks and evergreen yaupon. Spring Green is my favorite pattern and I've also got Fall Gray and (I'm glad I did this) Fall Brown before Predator discontinued Fall Brown in favor of Deception. I'm not a Deception fan.

If you have lots of greenery, you can stand in front of the greenery and you'll blend in so well, animals can't see unless you move.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
As said, all of it is great.  I'd have to say that I think the fall gray works best in treestands after the leaves fall.  And it really works fine other times of the year as well.  Unless you are in a really dark background, I think it is probably the best.  
But my human eyes like the color of fall brown or spring green, so I have camo in that as well.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 05:49:00 AM »
We have been wearing Predator Camo for 3 years and loved it so much we became a dealer. All patterns are great but our overall favorite if I chose just one is the Brown deception we are wearing it now for spring Turkey and wear it all the way though Whitetails in the December Treestands when the leaves are all gone.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=48&t=001387
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Central NC is where I hunt most and I prefer the Brown Deception pattern. I do want to get a Spring Green shirt for turkey hunting.....Randy
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
Thanks everyone on letting me know what you think of the camo.
I will have a look at some photos and try and work out what to go for.
Thanks again all.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 12:12:00 AM »
If you can find the original brown- I like it better than all the others. It has a lot of lighter tan colors. Works in all settings.  I think the fall grey is too light in many situations.  I can not believe they quit making the brown.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Wolfkiss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 03:29:00 AM »
Hi Cromm,
          They say this is one of the best camo's in the natural world,  I'm inclined to agree.

predator brown deception, going to end up in my arsenal for sure.

Andy.
Hunting was hazardous, but at least it guaranteed the freedom of the individual.

There is no doubt that the onset of farming saw the end of leasure for the majority of people, who were destined to toil in the fields.

Offline White Falcon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
I like this for wooded or South Tx.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
IMO....fall gray is TOO LIGHT for ground hunting....

Fall Brown or Spring Green is best overall.

Since most animals are color blind...I opt for Spring Green almost exclusively...but I do put fall brown to use on occasion.

90% of my hero pics I'm wearing Spring Green...and the other 10% I'm wearing fall brown.

I like the original pattern the best.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
I'm with Terry,when I wear camo its usually the green,in later fall brown,often I'll mix the two.best camo there is.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
Love the ORIGINAL brown.  Took this deer off the ground at 7 yards!  Never saw me!

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
I settled on fall brown about 7 years ago....best I have found and have no reason to look further.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©