3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow Moccasins Co  (Read 925 times)

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow Moccasins Co
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
For years been wearing a classic Timberland (moccasin type) 2-eyed leather chukka type shoe for early season hunting, casual, and work, but they are now on their last mile. The Timberland’s are basically ankle height thin leather moccasins with flat rubber soles. They’re loosely fit with the  leather laces tied in a square knot and I slip the on and off much like loafers. I luv these shoes but browsing their website, I can’t find that model and it is likely discontinued for that style was so old, but if you ask me, a classic.

Anyhow, been surfing the web looking for something similar, and have kinda narrowed it down to “Arrow Moccasins Co”, although I know nothing about them or the company.

Carl Dyers original moccasins are a little out of my price range, although I bought my X a pair of Dyers mocs 20 years ago at GLLB and she says she still has them, although she doesn't wear them much.

Any info is much appreciated… Thanx

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow Moccasins Co
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
I have a pair of Minnetonkas that are very comfortable and a good price($60 as I recall).
They've held up really well.
The Arrow mocs look really nice,too.

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
arrows are top notch for the price, worth much more than what you pay

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
I got some Arrows a little over a month ago. I'm impressed. They are very well made, and were comfortable from the start. I had some Dyers before these, and I prefer the Arrows.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
I have both arrow and dyers and I'll take the Arrows,, the Arrows are more comfortable right out of the box!  the dyers are nice but not nearly as soft as the arrows.  

I've been to Arrows shop, (hudson, Ma) and when you go in there you know your walking right into the family buisness and you can see the people tying the moccs on these 1' solid old wooden tables that are worn done to what looks like 2" from years of cutting out moccs,, its a sight to see (and smell too)  anyway arrows are a little cheaper costing too,,  both very very nice, both fit perfect, never a stitch broke and i do wear them in the woods..
these are next,   http://www.arrowmoc.com/muk-8.html
"Us vs Them"

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
thanx much guys, looks like arrows it shall be, thanx.

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
I ordered some Arrow mocs after reading this thread and received them 2 weeks ago. They fit perfectly. The workmanship is excellent. they came 2 weeks sooner than I expected. I've put about 3 miles on them and they have formed to my feet very nicely.  I would buy from these folks again.

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
I have 3 pairs of Arrows and love them all. I have the lace boot, bush boot and mukluks.

Their service is excellent and the quality is as good as anyone's! He always says it will take 7-9 weeks for delivery and 2 of my 3 orders were at my house in 2 weeks, third only taking 4 weeks!

Offline DHR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Great mocs   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Because hunting is a deep and permanent yearning in the human condition, there is a chronic fury in all people to whom it is denied.- Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
58WINTERS - What style/model did you buy? I ordered a pair of the "Trail Boots" on June 10th.  The gentleman taking my order gave me a 4-5 week timeframe, looking forward to their arrival.

Thanx everyone for your input,
Gary

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Zbone,
I purchased the double sole lace boot. I'm considering the bush boot and the canoe moc. models. I first had to wear them with out socks for a couple hours to get them to stretch enough to wear socks. I have a high instep so it was tight with a sock on. They are warm so I'm a little concerned about that in regards to the bush boot. I'm going to use the ones I have a while before making that decision. I was given a 6 week lead time and got them in 4 so you are getting close. I'm sure you will be pleased.

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
The Arrows look good.  Does anyone have any feedback on these?  They look nice.

http://www.footwearbyfootskins.com/store/item.asp?Category=3&SubCategoryID=&GroupID=&SKU=540%2DC

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
LA TRAP.
In looking @ the web page you listed they appear to be more of dress moc with lighter stiching and material?? Arrows I would call a heavy duty working moc for anything you would want to do in a moc. I live in lava country and I wouldn't walk on lava as it would cut the soles up pretty quickly but other than that I have no worries as long as I can get good footing. Lifetime warranty on stitching says alot.

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
Point taken 58Winters.  

Question for you.  You live in Bend, OR.  I have been there.  It is very dry, powder dry from what I saw.  I live in Louisiana, very wet.  Every morning, everything is covered with a HEAVY dew. It rains a lot.  

Arrow recommends sno seal to waterproof.  Any experience with it and the Arrows and wet weather?

Anyone else with this kind of feedback.  I am very interested in the lace boot.

You mentioned the lace boots were hot.  Were those the lined laced boots?  Can you explain?  Sorry to be a bother but the wet weather in LA is ususlly in the winter.  If the lace boots are too hot for summer, I need to re-think the model.  You guys up North get some warm weather.  We invented it!!!  It is hot here most days in the summer 97 plus with humidity. I am just trying to pick the best model for me to wear year round.

Thanks;

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
58WINTERS - I went with the single sole mainly for feel when stalking and because my X said she doesn’t wear the double sole Dyers because she couldn’t get them to break in.

I figured if the single sole doesn’t hold up well, will get them resoled with the double. I’m 51 and plan on these being my last set of moccasins…8^)

What are you guys treating yours with for waterproofing?

Thanx

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
I have a pair of Arrow Moc lace boots (double sole, unlined) that I've been wearing for years.  LOVE them!

First thing I did when I got them is went bird hunting for a day (1/2 of it was raining) and got them thoroughly soaked.  Perfect fit after that   :)    I treat them with Snoseal.  NO leather can be waterproof - the Snoseal does an excellent job of keeping you dry and lasts a whole lot longer than most of the alternatives.

The mocs are made out of ~1/4" of leather.  If you're used to well ventilated sneakers they are going to feel hot, just like any other boot that keeps water out.  If it keeps water out, it mostly keeps air out too   ;)  

I wear mine year round, but mostly switch over to real lightweight homemade mocs during the summer and lined boots during the winter if I'm going to be out for a while.

If I ever wear these out I'll get them resoled and buy the mukluks for winter.

EDIT: I should add I've had this pair since 2006 and they are still my favorite boot!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
LA
Yes it is very dry here low humidty. In regards to the snow seal I've only used it on hiking boots. It works well doesn't attack the leather but the leather doesn't breathe. The leather in the mocs is quite heavy so they trap the heat. trade offs in everything. I will snow seal them if I expect to be in the wet but if the weather is fowl I'll have something else on my feet. My mocs are not lined. I would think lined mocs are good for cool but dry weather.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
I live with in 1/2 hour of Hudson, NH.  I need to make a trip over there.  Which moc are you guys wearing for hunting?  Jeff
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
I just thumbed through the new TBM and saw an advertisement for Arrow Mocs.

First I thought COOL! Then I noticed they are now owned by Kentrek Boots...I have nothing against Kentrek (never owned anything of theirs) but things tend to change when a "mom and pop" company go corporate.

Time will tell...

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Ahh, man, you mean I not going to get originals...  :dunno:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©