3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow Moccasins Co  (Read 927 times)

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow Moccasins Co
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Zbone,
I think you are ok. Arrow's web page is still active. Kennetrek shows them on their website as well but they also show Eberlestock packs. Maybe they did buy them?? Don't think they will mess up a good thing at least not for a while.

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Thanx Bob - They arrived at the door today, but still at work and haven't had a change to check them out yet, but looking forward to trying them on tonight.

Order on the 10th and received on the 28th.... Not bad.

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
I just ordered a pair of boots today. I spoke with Paul. He said Kennetrek just resells the mocs. Arrow is alive and well.

I told him that I was going on a trip to the Boundary Waters at the end of July. He asked me my shoe size and after I answered he said, "today is your lucky day!" Paul will be mailing out a pair in the morning.

Martin

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
Thanks mmisciag, I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of lace boots.  Good to know the same folks are at the helm.

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
Billy,

Yep, the lace boots are what I bought. Call Paul and Co, They may have what you want in stock.

Martin

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
Glad to hear they are still going as before, he makes a great product!

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Martin,

Evidently we Tradgangers have had two lucky days this week.  I called Paul, he had the DS lace boots in stock and they are going out tomorrow.

Billy

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
Awsome!!!

I think he needs to have stock for the Kennetrek Co so they are in stock.

Enjoy, I can't wait to give them a go.

Martin

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
Received my Moccasins today. I have to say I like them. I was surprised as to how thick the leather is. They will need some time to break in. Only the upper part of the boot is stiff. Everything else feels great. Did I say that the leather is thick?

I would rate these as good as any dress shoe I would wear for work when it come to how I think the sole is going to wear. It should last a while.

When they arrived today, my 17 year old son Mark, wanted to try them on. We have the same size foot. That says a lot for the styling. They look like shoes but are definitely moccasins.

For the money, I would recommend Arrow brand Moccasins. Its the first pair of shoes that fit out of the box.

Martin

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
mmidciag
They will break in very quickly. I had mine on for the last 3 days on our holiday camp trip. Very comfortable a little warm in 80 degree weather but no more so than my boots or tennis shoes. I hate tennis shoes!

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
I can't wait.  Martin, what method of shipping did they use?

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
I have a pair of the sheep skin lined double soled trappers boot with the wrap around mooshide upper(  http://www.arrowmoc.com/s.html  ). And they are Thick. I wore them a good bit when I first got them but after returning to the industrialized world I put them away. I think it would take a pair of lifetimes to wear them out and since this thread reminded me about them,I will go digging for them. and just maybe order a pair of everyday shoes or boots. Getting tired of jammin my hoof into a pair of synthetic,rubberized, hurt my foot everyday made in(not AMERICA)shoes. I think a nice pair of our thick felt insoles will do just the trick in there too. OH! and they do break in quickly. I didn't have any problems. Thanks for posting about this,they are great moccs
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
Billy,

They shipped UPS.

I finally just took them off. I had them on for about 6 hours. I think I need to wear them a bit more. One thing that did bother me was wearing cotton socks with them. The socks bunched up at the front of my ankle. That hurt. I switched to wool sock that stretched tight over my ankle and problem solved. These are Smart Wool socks and they work. They are thin but have some loft to them so a small amount of cushion.

Chuck,

I can say go ahead and order a pair. The leather is about a quarter of an inch thick. I have the double sole so I know that I am walking on about a half an inch of leather. That is about as thick as any dress shoe I have with the leather sole.

Oh, and I was shooting in the drainage basin. The basin has steep sides. I was able to walk or run up them in very dry grass. The bottoms are smooth but griped the grass. What a surprise!

Your wool is next. I just need to put some money away.

Martin

Offline Badwithabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
i just received a pair of knee high foot skins mocs and WOW just got em tonight after work so no time to put them through the paces but i promise as light as they are... i doubt my lacross boots will see much time this year....( i have a pair of mukluks that you could not afford to buy from me for winter hunts...) I'm 27 and just got in to the minimalist approach and man i thank God everytime i go out for the chance to do it the old way
Brandon Moore
Rome,Ga

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
I received my lace boots from Arrow today.  They are great.  Martin was right, the double sole leather on the bottom is extremely thick.  My two sons 19 and 21 individually and at different times asked me about them.  They were impressed.  They both wear Sperry's.  My oldest asked if they made them in a low quarter.  I told him they do make a canoe moc.

I wore them to WalMart and had three people stop me and ask what are those shoes?

I called Paul at Arrow when they arrived with a quick question before I put them on.  I told him about this website and all of the good things being said.  I invited him to look at the site and maybe become a sponsor.

I am very impressed with these mocs.

Billy

Offline newtotrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
Folks,
Wondering if I might pick your brains a bit.  I have been eyeing the Bush Boot from Arrow.  I am interested in getting an idea as to how the sizes run with Arrow products?  I normally wear a size 10 running shoe but a 9 or 9.5 in a dress/casual shoe depending upon manufacture.  

I would want the Bush Boot to be comfortable with at least a medium weight wool sock.  Thank you in advance for any input.

Craig.

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
Craig,

Check out the website and call them and ask.

They will get you in the right size.

Billy

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
Craig,

I think I am a poster boy for Arrow!

I remember dress shoe was the question. However, I have worn them with thick socks and thin socks. Somehow they still fit! I was shocked. Also, I have found that I can not wear cotton socks with them. For some reason, they bunch on the top of my foot where the laces are. That hurts me. When I where smartwool socks in any thickness, that goes away.

Like Billy said, the leather is thick. it is supple however. I think I am walking on a half inch of leather. I was wearing them in the city and could feel every crack on the sidewalk and every bump in the ramps at corners. It was proof that I should feel every stick under my feet as I slink through the woods while hunting.

Billy is also right that you should call Paul at Arrow. He will ask you the right questions to get you what you want the first time.

Martin

Offline newtotrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
Thank you for the input folks.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
I told Paul that my feet looked like they belonged on a duck -- wide up front and narrow at the heel. He suggested I send him tracings and other information, which is what I have had to do with my Russell custom boots in the past. I sent him the information a few days ago, and he told me he will call me when he gets it. I am definitely going to order a pair of the double sole lace boots -- maybe two pairs. I used to wear moccasins for years, but then wasn't able to find good ones, so I am excited about getting some Arrow moccasins. They seem to be exactly what I needed when I was in Australia when we got close to the animals and needed to have a silent stalk to shooting distance. I ended up taking off my socks and shoes and going barefoot, but that was pretty uncomfortable for a tenderfoot like me. Having a pair of Arrow moccasins in the pack to slip on would have been a true blessing.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©