3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow Moccasins Co  (Read 926 times)

Offline loneviking

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow Moccasins Co
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
Allan, please post followups as I would be very interested to see if Paul at Arrow can build a moccasin to fit you.  My feet are similar (12EEE)very wide at the front and narrow at the back. I've never found a moccasin that I could wear without tearing out a side seam because they weren't wide enough.

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
Guys,
Try putting some Lexol leather treatment on your Arrow Mocs. I really put mine through the wringer with doing yard work fixing the roof and other gotta get it done before hunting season projects. They looked a little beat up but a treatment of the Lexol and they look like new but shaped to my foot.
Great moc. great leather treatment.

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
58Winters,

Is Lexol leather treatment like Marvel Mystery Oil for Mocs?  Tell us a little more.
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
Love my Arrow mocs!!!!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
LA TRAP
Lexol is a leather treat to keep it from drying out and cracking. I found out about it from Steven Catts when I bought a back quiver. It's what he recommends. I found it at a shoe repair and in several places where horse tack is sold ei ranch farm supply stores. It really does make leather come alive again and doesn't attack it.
Hope this helps.

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
I’m the guy that started this thread and wondering how you guys that own a pair still like them and how they are holding up?

I like mine so far so good….

I remember reading Jay Massey were he somehow glued shredded rubber to the soles of moccasins to help with traction in wet weather and was wonder if any of you folks have done so or know the process?

Thanx

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
I haven't used Arrows, but I have put together a couple pairs from the kit at Hobby Lobby.  You can glue and/or stich on the Vibram Cherry Rubber, cut to fit.  It's the thin floppy rubber commonly used to make Hurrachie Sandles for minimalist type running.  I forget the website, but you can probably find it with a search.
Silence is golden.

Offline 47pronghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
I have a pair if double sole arrows I bought in 2003. I've worn then to work and in the field ever since. They still look almost brand new. Very tough, exceptionally crafted moc. I sent in a tracing of my feet, and these mocs fit perfectly! IF they ever wear out, I'll get another pair. Been eyeing his gladiator mocs for years.

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
sweeney3 - That is exactly what I was looking for, THANX!

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
z bone
I ordered a pair in May got them in June. Bought the Trail boot with the lace  up the front double bottom sole.  I absolutely love these mocs.  They have formed to my feet I feel like am barefoot but have protection around my foot.  The longest hike I have been on with them is about 6 miles round trip over varying terrain.  I wore them in a canoe and got them soaked.  They suffered no ill effects from the dunking but a bare foot in a wet moc is a little slimy feeling so I wouldn't recommend them for canoeing.  I typically wear a pair of Wigwam comfort hiker socks with mine the socks are merino wool.  They are more surefooted than  I thought they would be probably because my foot tends to form around the ground contour to some degree but you definately need to exercise caution they are smooth soled after all.  My only issue with them is that the top cuff behind the heel flairs to the rear slightly and seems to catch small stones or debris as you walk.  A short gaiter or cutting the bottom out of sock and pulling it over the moc till it forms a gaiter like covering over the open top solves the problem.  I think the flair is a necessary design feature for proper fit.  Seriously considering the high top version of the the Trail moc and the standard slip on moc.  Craftsmanship is outstanding and sole shows no real wear just some scuffing.  High quality product.

Offline FightingCelt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
ZBONE....just to throw this out there...I've never owned any Arrow Mocs but being a K9 handler I have owned several leads and collars manufactered by them.  Myself and many of my fellow handlers will not use any other leather products from other companies.  Their leathercraft, tooling and leather are "top-notch"!
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're
supposed to be surrounded.

1972 Bear Kodiak Magnum

Pray, and let God worry.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
I'm loving mine. I wear them for general use, and for hunting when the weather is warm. There is a noticeable difference between them and hiking boots as far as quietness is concerned, but they are also pretty slippery on hills, but that makes me slow down and probably is better for hunting anyway. They should last for many hunting trips.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
ZBone, I got my Lace Boots the first week of July and wear them every day.  What you read about wearing wool is my same findings.  Cotton makes you sweat and bunch around the top of your foot.  I live in Louisiana and we know a thing about heat and humidity.  I wear them from can to can't on the weekends and everyday when I get in from work on weekdays.  Nothing negative, nothing.  

If you wear them for any period of time on a hard surface say concrete or asphalt, it changes the way you stride.  You will definitely not make a heel strike as you walk, more of a flat foot or slightly ball first.

I wear them on any surface, all day, including concrete with no wear.  I don't drag my feet though.  I have the double sole. Got them on right now at almost 11 pm.  No sign of wear on the bottom.

Lots of people ask about them.

They are somewhat slick when it is wet or walking on leaves on an incline, but they are mocassins.  Control your center of gravity and it will work.

I put them on with a pair of wool socks and short sleeved britches and hit the yard to work.  My wife just shakes her head, no need to comment.  I wear them with jeans and go to town, doesn't matter, they feel good and look good.

This is quality.  

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline Davesea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »
I have a pair of arrow double sole mocs.  My only complaint is the odor from the leather.  I have to keep them outside or my family will complain.  I do admit they have a strong odor and I wonder how that affects game?  I am amazed how much I like them for hiking.
"Anyone can make a bow, but it takes skill and experience to make an arrow"  ISHI

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
All,

I have the three eyed boot. One issue only. Between the heel and the top of the boot there is an area of the boot that dents in to catch the top of your heel. That is a little to tight for me. I guess I have a fat ankles. Over the day, it irritates me. Other then that, I can tolerate the smell, they look good, I can feel the ground, I have changed the way I walk and I would buy another pair if I could.

I only wear them with wool socks. Cotton socks feel awful and bunch up.

I was thinking about purchasing wool insoles. They would need to be very thin. Does anyone have a recommendation? I am finding that I need a little insulation on bottom. I had to stand on some cool concrete the other night and my feet were freezing!!!

All in all, I really like them.

Martin

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
I know this tread is an old one but, I had to post on it. I just received a pair of Arrow double sole lace boots and love them! They are everything that you folks said that they are and more.  Plus they are made right here in my home state of Massachusetts!

When I called  to place an order I expected to have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. But I got luckey and they had my size in stock. I placed my order on Monday and they were on my door step the very next day.  Paul the owner of Arrow was great to deal with and very helpful.

I will most likely use them around the house and for early fall squirrel season. But I wouldn't hesitate to put them to more of a test because they are made that good. I may even order another pair of their canoe moc's for the summer.

If anyone is looking for a great pair of moccasin, these babys are the real deal and worth checking out. Glen

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
If everybody liked Arrow Mocs as well as I do Paul would probably be so far behind in his orders that you could never get a pair.  They are definitely one of the best kept secrets in footwear.

I have 2 pair of the double sole lace boots and a pair of the mukluks.  I wear the lace boots for everything: work, hunting, casual, church, shopping.  I went on a back-pack elk hunt last fall wearing my mocs and I use them for work every day - I'm a surveyor.  When the weather is wet I slip on a pair of stretchy rubber overshoes and I have a higher top pair of Neos overshoes for when it snows.  Most of the time, though, if the ground is just damp or slightly muddy, they're fine as is.  

I treat them frequently with either Obenauf's or Ray Holes "Dri-Boot".  I have one pair 1/2 size larger than the other so I can wear thicker wool socks in colder weather.  The leather is thick and tough, but it is still soft enough to conform to your feet, which is why they are so comfortable out of the box.  They need no breaking in, but they just fit better and better the more they are worn.

Traction is remarkable considering the smooth soles. Steep grassy, hillsides and snow are the worst, but if you are carefull and take your time you can maneuver in some pretty rough terrain.

I think I need to order another pair - just in case.
And in the end of our exploring we shall return to the place where we started and know that place for the first time.

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Funny story, every year for the last eigthteen years either my wife or her mom has given me a new pair of moccasins for Christmas.  

Well this year they didn't and I'm glad becase I never would have bought the arrows for myself.  Although I always appreciated the gifts they never lasted more than a year.  I won't have to worry about replacing this pair anytime soon. I can't wait to go for a hike with them.

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
Truly a great value.

Still loving mine.

Martin

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »
I just ordered my second pair. Double sole Lace boot. I love em.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©