3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Non Permit AZ Deer Units  (Read 191 times)

Offline Ronaldlee

• Trad Bowhunter
Non Permit AZ Deer Units
« on: May 20, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
Looking for some tips on good deer hunting units for the September archery season in Arizona. Thanks for any information. Ron

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Non Permit AZ Deer Units
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
A lot of people will tell you the high country units. Definately more scenic and cooler weather up high but folks scouting Elk and escaping the Phoenix heat can really be a problem. Some of the lower elevation units have lots of deer and if you can bear the heat and find a good water source odds are good you will not be bothered when that big buck walks in.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline RookieBwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Non Permit AZ Deer Units
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »
I agree with Canyon. Find a water source and be there before light. You can also get up on a ridge before light and watch the deer bed down, then setup a stalk. Unit 33 has some decent cous hunting on the back side of Mt Lemmon/Catalina mtns. If you travel down the hill a little closer to San Manuel you will find some decent Muley country as well.

I am going to try and use my ground blind this year up in units 23 or 27 for some turkey/deer hunting this year.  

If you do not mind going close to the border you might find less hunters but take the chance of border crosser/border patrol. I always had plenty of deer sightings 36A and 36b.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -Frank Clark

Voodoostik 58" 50@28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©