3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Binoculars help and opinions  (Read 728 times)

Offline artelkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Binoculars help and opinions
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
I'd save my money and try to find a good used pair of Swarovski or Leica.  I did the optics chase for years and never found what I wanted till I bought good glass.  It will make a differance in you time in the field.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
I like Swaros. Like I said to me they were the only glass clearer and sharper than the Vortexs. I certainly cannot justify the difference in price for the minute difference in quality. And yes it is minute. You won't get headaches looking through Vortexs and the difference is not Chevy or Caddilac. Its more like Jaguar or Rolls Royce.
God bless you all, Steve

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Don't leave out Burris. Lifetime warranty, made in USA, fantastic optics for the money.

Regarding power, I just last week compared two Nikon Monarchs- 8x42 and 10x42, under low light conditions. The 8x were brighter by a good margin. For that reason alone I am going 8x.  It is not only the big end of the tube (42) that affects brightness. Glassing into timber even a slight difference in brightness can be a see or no see margin.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
You can never buy to good of a pair of Binoculars buy the best you can afford and they will last forever

I have a pair of Swarovski SLC  8 X 32 for light duty and a pair of EL 10 X 42 for heavy glassind at distance
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
I have a pair of Nikon Monarch 8x that I use all season here in PA.  Super clarity and work better than the naked eyes in low light.  I have had them for several years and don't plan on changing unless I could sell them to buy the 10X.
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
I went through MANY pairs until buying Swaro. 8X30's. They will last a lifetime. I just wish I would have bought these first and saved the several hundred I spent on the others. Shop around you can get some good deals on them.    BILL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©