3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: If Mel Johnson would have killed his record buck today..what.........?  (Read 559 times)

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
fireman_3311 - "Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett.. Have tape, will travel!!!"

Hey Brad, I assume you have a recent B&C records book? Have always been curious, and was wondering if you can advise if the Beatty buck was entered in B&C and if so, at what score and where does it rank?

Thanx much for your time and info,
Gary

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
Same as if he shot it with a compound, crossbow, rifle, muzzleloader, handgun or slingshot.  It would just be different companies trying to cash in.

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Zbone:
fireman_3311 - "Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett.. Have tape, will travel!!!"

Hey Brad, I assume you have a recent B&C records book? Have always been curious, and was wondering if you can advise if the Beatty buck was entered in B&C and if so, at what score and where does it rank?

Gary
I'll look this evening!!!  I got to fondle the Beatty Buck when it was panel measured for Pope and Young....it's a beast!!  Also fondled Art Youngs Blacktail. Fun stuff!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Zbone:

Gary
PnY states the Beatty buck was killed in 2000, and I'm pretty sure it was panel measured and entered spring of 01.  My most recent BnC book is from 03, and it doesn't list the Beatty buck?!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
...he would be accused of being a poacher, tresspasser, or rich person with exclusive access to the property he was hunting or combination of the above. He would have to lock the antlers in a safety vault and put a big sign outside his home stating this to prevent his house from being broken into at least once per week. He would also hear from every manufacturer out there wanting him to show up in an advertisement and claim the use of their product was the edge he neeeded for success.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanx for your time checking Brad.

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
Anytime!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©