3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trip to see my daughter.  (Read 127 times)

Offline Michael Pfander

• Trad Bowhunter
Trip to see my daughter.
« on: May 22, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
My baby girl is doing research in the Yukon Flats refuge all of this summer.  My wife and I plan on visiting on one of her weeks out.  She does 4 in 1 out until the end of August.  I want to hear from the natives or transplants on what we should try to see in one week.  We will fly into Anchorage and drive up to Fairbanks.

Thanks
MAP
Map
PBS
BHA
P&Y

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trip to see my daughter.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
WOW,,,CONGRATS TO U AND YOUR DAUGHTER,,,GREAT JOB, WELL DONE FROM BOTH PERSPECTIVES,GOOD PARENTING ALWAYS PAYS OFF,,,ENJOY YOUR TIME TOGETHER,,,PRICELESS MEMORIES,,,GOD BLESS
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
I have absolutely no information for you...only a wish for a safe journey and sincere congrats on getting an opportunity to watch your baby girl shine!   :campfire:

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
On your way up to Fairbanks try to get in a Denali trip. They drive you in on buses, at least they did in the 80s, but for a very short time they open it up to private vehicles late in the season. I had a 1986 Bronco II and filled up and drove until my tank was half empty and turned around. I didn't make it in even half way. Had to use the spare tank to get back out.

I was a poor E3 A1C in the USAF and had one roll of film to use. I got back from the trip and realized the film didn't feed at loading. I lost all those award winning photos of the cliffs and wildlife.

Good Lord willing I'l go back for a do-over one day.

Enjoy Alaska. It is simply a breathtaking place to see.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©