3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New to Trad  (Read 355 times)

Offline Armand

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New to Trad
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »
You will not find a funner group of people to shoot with, Traditional Archery is putting the fun back in your shooting, welcome form Central Maine!

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
Welcome aboard. I was where you are now a little over a year ago. This site has been instrumental in my progression and the kind advice I've gotten here has been honest and accurate. My most important lesson? Start with a light bow, real light!
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Welcome, this is a fun place.  I understand what you say about compounds vs. traditional bows and fun.  For me the compound is an incredible shooting machine, it almost seems to remove the shooter from the shot.  Just the opposite with my recurves.  Compared to a compound I can't hit squat with my recurves, but I have a lot more fun shooting them.  I think of compound archery like precision rifle shooting and traditional archery like live bird wing shooting.  One is more science, one is more art.

Enjoy the journey, keep your mind open, try lots of different bows...   :archer2:

Offline bsoper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
Welcome to a fun and addictive sport/lifestyle. I started with a recurve, but just got a longbow. The longbow is just so classic, I love it.
~Brock

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
Started with a bear super mag and have never looked back I am shooting l/b's now and loving it like randy I'm an old man.  :goldtooth:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©