3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Cheyenne shooters?  (Read 183 times)

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Morrison Cheyenne shooters?
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
I'm looking for some input from guys that have shot the longbow limbs and how they compare with the curve limbs...speed, quietness, etc..
Thanks, Jr.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Cheyenne shooters?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
Good luck.  I posted the same question a couple weeks ago before I got my longbow limbs.  Never got a response.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
I have one Cheyenne with long bow limbs,very quiet and seem to be pretty quick.Mine seems to have more mass weight in the riser then my Shawnee's but I seem to prefer the cut in the grip of the Shawnee,this just happens to fit my hand better.Both are very nice bows as you can see I own four Morrisons and always looking!!
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
I don't have any measures to go by, but I did talk to Bob.

Arthritis in the back, shoulders, etc, has me dropping weight... so in conversation, Bob suggested getting carbon/foam core for my bow and assured me that the C/F is much quicker and I'd get 50# speeds w/ bamboo core from a 45# set of C/F core.

Came to pass that someone put up a set of Cheyenne L/B limbs, at 45# and I lucked into them!

All I have is my perception, but after shooting 48# boo core recurve limbs and then going to same "D" config L/B limbs in foam core/carbon at 45#, I've been impressed that a) the l/b or F/C are much quieter.  They're smooth, but "feel" different in the draw... more "authority(?)" when pulling them... something but can't quite put words to it.

Performance is great and I'm tickled!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
"They're smooth, but "feel" different in the draw... more "authority(?)" when pulling them... something but can't quite put words to it."

I agree.

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
I wish I had bought a set (foam/carbon) when I saw Bob at Kalamazoo a few years ago.  As a former longbow guy, I was surprised, though, at how I missed the slight "release" feeling of the recurve unwinding as I neared full draw.  It is almost part of my shooting routine with this bow.  

I think it may be because I was so used to the feel of that favorite riser with my recurve limbs that I noticed such a difference.  The almost felt harsher... or heavier... than my ol' familiar limbs.

I still hope to get a set sometime, but the surprise of the difference in feel (to ME) gave me pause that day.
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one that "thought" they could feel a difference.  I've not tried the carbon/foam, long bow limbs on a Cheyenne riser, but I had a set for a Shawnee.  I know I'm in the minority and I can't tell you whether it was a carbon/foam thing or just a long bow limb thing, but I still prefer my boo core recurve limbs.  Nothing you couldn't get used to, but I'm old enough to be set in my ways!  It'd be nice if you could shoot some to see how they appeal to you, but you shouldn't have any trouble moving them if they don't.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the info....just fishing, picked up a Cheyenne riser with curve limbs that are a little heavier than I like...looking for options.
Thanks, Jr.

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
I have an ILF riser with Longbow limbs.  I love it. I do not like the carbon foam limbs.  I will shoot them if I can find them cheap enough, but I really really like the foam and black glass.  They seem much smoother and don't have that snappy feeling.  Just my opinion.  I had a set of action boo that I liked pretty well.  Actually my go to set of limbs is boo backed with chechen and timber rattlers.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©