3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kempf Raven Recurve Limbs!  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
Kempf Raven Recurve Limbs!
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:46:00 AM »
Went to Jacks for a visit , Jack had a new surprize  that he wanted me to try,, It was a new static recurve limb he had roughed out and mounted on one of his Raven Bows, Jack told me Sergio helped with the Static part of the limb. Its tips are really curved back more so than the Kwyk Styk, it looks like at full draw that 3.5 " of the limbs from the tip back stay straight , very  static,,Here is the suprise its not only  very   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Fast but very Quiet shoots where you look I was stacking arrows with it ,, another thing I noticed it does not stack I drew it as far back as I could smooth all the way ,, Jack is very happy with this new limb,, Sergio looks like the first set of limbs are for you I think you will love them
Gord

Offline Festivus

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kempf Raven Recurve Limbs!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:19:00 AM »
Pictures would be great. The more the better. Full draw, strund, unstrung pics....the full shebang a bang. thanks.

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
Can't wait to see it.  Jack talked about coming up with a new static limb for Raven last year.

Congrats to Sergio!

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:40:00 AM »
Oh Brother....  :knothead:    :knothead:    :knothead:

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
You never show an unfinished Masterpiece, Wait a while and mabe Sergio will post them when Jack Finishes them
Gord

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
That Serg...way ahead of his time....that's why they refer to him as "The Legend" in northern Ontario....   :readit:    :laughing:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
I deny everything ! Jack who??  Joe, i am a legend, but only in my mind. The limb is everything that Gord says and more.
      i visited with jack yesterday, bolted the limbs onto my Raven riser and WOW! Fast, extremely quiet and awesomely stable.Jack gets all the credit. jack said that the tillering of these was so easy.Terry Brew has already spoken for these prototype limbs, they were to light colored to match my Black Ebony handle.these limbs made a 56" Bow and 57#@28" ,I have a 29" draw...SMOOTH!! Jack is an awesome bowyer and he and Pearl are absolutely Beautiful people.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Sergio, By any chance do you have a pic of the Raven's riser? Jack's due to start on my KS in November..the Raven with these new limbs might make me change my order.
  :bigsmyl:
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
the Raven sounds pretty interesting....

When I can I'll post pics of my 56" KS, Static Tip limbs...

Jack is A#1.....

:notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Here are some pics of my Raven with the longbow limbs.                    :)    

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Neat checkering job Sergio, those limbs probably won't fit on my riser, I have one of the prototypes and Jack has made some changes to the pin placements on the riser. That is what I get for being in a hurry. I have a set on order though. That riser is way too fancy for me, I drop things and then it wouldn't be all shiney.
Give me a call when you are coming back through.
My Raven has been pretty good, it just seems to kill stuff.

Terry

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
thanks Terry;
                     Let me know if you want any of your kempfs checkered.I still have a pair of sambar stag limb knobs with a Raven head engraved to pick up as soon as i get home and an Ivory raven schrimshaw to install on the outside of the sight window.You are going to love the Static recurve limbs!!! I can hardly wait to receive mine!   :archer:  
                    Sorry to have missed you when i was in RedDeer, i hope to be back in the fall,i may have a cabin to hunt out of for mulies around drumheller!    :archer2:  

Sergio

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Keep in touch Sergio, there is room here if you need a place as well.

Terry

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Serigo Nice Checkering  I may have to sell one of my Kwyck Styks and get a Raven ! What is not to like longBow Limbs and Recurve Limbs on one riser Sweet or what !!   I  looked at the Raven when Jack first brought it out the long Bow limbs were good but the recurve limbs  were not that good After shooting the the new desighn Static limbs all I can say is I want some!!!  :readit:    :clapper:
Gord

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
Thanks Gord;
                     I'm really liking the static raven.Smoooth,fast, quiet, & extremely stable. Maybe we can meet on my next trip to alberta.

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
I would like that when you come to Alberta tell Jack to call me and let me Know,,  :wavey:    :campfire:
Gord

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
My recurve limbs seem to shoot fine Gord, a little "softer" feel than the kwik styks, but the arrow flight is similiar out to 30 yards. That feel could be due to the limbs being longer. I do prefer the longbow limbs for some reason. I also shoot my little grizzlies more than the recurves so that may not mean much. Waiting to try the static limbs. I have shot more animals with the recurve limbs. My recurve limbs are also 3# lighter in draw weight than the longbow limbs. Got Jack to make them lighter for a winter bow.

Terry

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
Serg...I like that shirt...where can I get one in Medium? Like the bow also....sweet. I know a few animals will hit the ground this fall with that bow.

Might have to send Jack up my Stealth and see if he can make me a pair of 55# Static Limbs. That would be neat....again, good luck with that new bow.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
Terry you could probably kill stuff with a bent willow ,,you should go try those static limbs feels about like a KS to me , Mabe draw a bit smoother , if thats possable . profile is a little more narrow , a very good looking limb! seemed KS fast as well
Gord

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©