3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Question For Every Trad Ganger  (Read 275 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
A Question For Every Trad Ganger
« on: May 25, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
Do you know what is happening here this week?  Are you aware of what the St. Jude Auction means to Trad Gang?  It is not just for people who have been here a long time. It is here for each and every one of you.  Newly joined, or old timer.  Young and old.  Male and female.  Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to take part.

Take just a few minute break from browsing PowWow and clik over to the auction forums.  There are five seperate forums with hundreds of great items for your bidding pleasure.  Some of them are incredible bargains.  Others are examples of incredible generosity that will bring tears to your eyes.  Here is the link.   http://auction1.tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?category=1

Also take a look at the St. Jude Childern's Hospital site to see what we are all working toward.    https://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f87d4c2a71fca210VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD

My challenge to you, if you haven't already done it, is to at least go look.  That's all you have to do.  Just look.  Then you can decide whether you want to participate or not.

There are people every year that for financial reasons may not be in a position to help as much as they would like.  But even then they get involved and participate by making posts and egging the rest of the bidders on.

Just take a look.  :pray:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Question For Every Trad Ganger
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
TTT
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
Whip, I'm with you, we all need to participate in any way we can.
Thanks
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Bid it up guys.  Before this thing is finished I will have depleted my bow buying kitty and will never have felt better!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
I don't have much but am doing my part with what I have, so come one guys-n-gals come & help out the kids.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline Osage61

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
Whip, I have been bouncing back and forth from here to the auction. Both of my children were born deaf and I decided to send them down to St Louis, MO for four years to learn how to hear, and speak. Today, that school called me and I made a donation to them. Also, today I have been reading a lot about St Jude and the auction. That reading, along with your motivational thread has enabled me to look a little deeper in my pockets to try to help someone else. Hopefully I'll never need St Judes and hopefully the help my kids received from my southern neighbours will set them on a good start for their future. After all the future is about the kids; all kids. I'm in. Don't know for how much....but I'm in.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Pro Pelle Cutem"-HBC

Offline dakota tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
:campfire:     :archer:
What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt.    --Aldo Leopold

Offline wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
I have a 2 year old daughter who is healthy and not a day goes by that I don't think about how thankful I am.  I plan on digging as deep as I can for this and if I don't win anything in the auction, so what, I'll just make a cash donation instead.  I know every dollar can help.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
:campfire:

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline SlowArrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
Thanks for the post!  I'm still a little new around here, and while I had heard about Trad Gang's support of St Jude, I hadn't seen the auction yet. Thanks to your information, I'm past all that now......a bit lighter in the pocket book and a smile on my face.

Thanks again!
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

TGMM Family of the Bow

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
That's right ladies and gentlemen, even if the bidding gets out of hand there is a way to make a cash donation of ANY amount, and every bit helps. For the kids!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
Right!  If you do get into the bidding and lose out because it went higher than you could afford, you still helped by driving the price up!  I make bids on lots of stuff I doubt I'll really win.  But I make sure that the buyer is paying enough!  
The more people that participate the more we will raise.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by wislnwings:
I have a 2 year old daughter who is healthy and not a day goes by that I don't think about how thankful I am.  I plan on digging as deep as I can for this and if I don't win anything in the auction, so what, I'll just make a cash donation instead.  I know every dollar can help.
My thoughts exactly, I'll go to what my max ammount I can go this time around & if I don't win anything I'll donate.
I have 3 wonderful girls 17, 9, 4, that I'm grateful to the Lord that they are healthy but knowing that a place is available if things got bad for them is a God send.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline firsted

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Thanks for the post, Whip.  I've volunteered for 10 years in helping create employment positions for individuals with disabilities & have had great success primarily because we live in a country filled with people who are greater than they know.  I could go on for days with stories of honor and humility, stories that have convinced me that all is not lost, that all the bad news stories are more the exception, not the rule.  Tradgang's efforts with St. Jude is another story of a group of diverse folks coming together to help.  I still say that we should see if St. Jude's would post a Hero's photo board for pics of the folks each year that make this tremendous effort come to fruition.
Also, you guys need to get to the auction site a bid on the St. Jude long bow I've got listed!  It's the 2009 St. Jude 64" beauty that was created just for this event & needs another annual owner (the idea is to use it for a year & re-post it in the next auction).  For 2010 it was my honor to take it to the New Mexico mountains.
Again, great post, Whip.
*** Skysoldier - 1/509 ABN

--"You don't get old until your dreams are replaced by regrets"--

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Whip....how does one go about bidding on an item, just post in that thread what your bid is?

Is it too late to add items to the auction?

Thanks, Ron
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
Having friends who actually used St.Judes I can attest to the wonders they perform,for me there is no greater cause than helping a sick child,for what it's worth even a one dollar donation from every tradganger would really help their cause give what you can and be proud that you helped a child in need,thanks Larry.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©