3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What new bow have you bought this year?  (Read 1891 times)

Offline tr23489

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What new bow have you bought this year?
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
I know!!  My wife said she would like some furniture with wood like that!

Tim

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
I’m sticking with my user name when I bought the first “new” bow for myself in over twenty-one years. A Rose Oak Super Wildcat, no wood. It is phenolic, glass, grass and 48 lbs. at my draw length.

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
New to me but like new Whisperstik Mojo 60" in a real nice Osage color....Plan on a couple more..
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
Blackstik that thing looks sweet in that flat black I have to go check those out!!!  

I opted for a LNA T/D Longbow I Named "Us Vs Them"  in Edge grain red elm on the limbs and a reddish cocobolo riser due to be finished next month I think... (after having the Hope Bow for a month I had to buy one)
picked up a used bushbow and selfbow on trades..
"Us vs Them"

Offline pickaspot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
What a fine looking bunch of bows - especially the Blacktails!
My wife bought me a Border Black Douglas Ultra in cocobola and shedua for our 10th Anniversary - she is a keeper   :thumbsup:  (the bow too).

If I have any money left after St. Jude (unlikely) I plan to talk to Big Jim at Tanehill this weekend.
J
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." H.D. Thoreau

>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
Blackstick,
I love your Super Wildcat! I had Brandon make me one in Cocobolo and Bacote. I like mine but I think I like yours better. I'll bet it is SOLID in the hand!  

I checked twice to make sure yours wasn't a lefty....alas (for a trade-crazy guy like me) your string is meant to be drawn to the right eye.

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
I got a Leon Stewart Slammer Special...Yew, Osage and bamboo... had it 3 months and still excited.

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
This is great!  Keep them coming, lot's of talent out there.

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
BamaBow Expedition and Tall Tines due in any moment:) counting the days fellas counting the days

Offline cthorsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »
Shot LH compound last 15 years due to shoulder problem. Bought a RH 35# Martin Dreamcatcher 1st of year. Nice bow. Smooth. Sweet shooter. My best experience with Martin to date. Owned a Hunter recurve and ML-17 Longbow  years ago and both were nice bows.

My shoulder held up. I prefer a straight limbed bow, and to hunt deer I decided to bump up weight and performance. After some shopping around and trying out various bows I now own a 40# 64" Fedora "Extreme".  

The limbs are osage back and belly with a yew and bamboo core. The osage in the limbs and handle continue to darken. I bought it for how she shoots and handles. It doesn't hurt that her looks improve with age. It's a shame she can't cook.  Color me happy.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
Gotta love those Fedoras,very nice.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
this thread needs to be deleted, help me before I order several more bows!! what beautiful work , we are living in age of great and artful weaponry!
Make a life, not a living

Offline RookieBwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
Add one more for the kiddo! Maddog pup longbow

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -Frank Clark

Voodoostik 58" 50@28"

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »
I found a source of fantastic Bear Take-Downs, all lefties. I bought 3 of them in late winter. The Super Wildcat was a December bow so not this year. I wanted to share with Blackstick.

The Mags were interesting for me. You see I recalled the B Mag I owned back around 1970. I remembered that bow very fondly and wanted one again. Now that I have both the B and A Mag I realize while they are terrific bows, I don't prefer them over some of the customs available today. I was also surprised that Green Stripes (B Riser only)have too long of risers for my tastes. I much prefer A Risers with 60" limbs.

I've also "met" some very fine Trad Gangers and Bowyers while doing all this bow trading and a bit of buying.

Bear B Mag w/ Factory Camo
Note the factory-installed sight pin. "Of course" I ignored that pin--for a couple of weeks. Then one day I decided to see what using a sight would be like (I shot compounds from 1975-2009 with sights from 1981-2009).  Uh, oh. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to shoot tight groups with that little ole pin, no peep, and just a glove. Easy isn't what I'm after but accuracy is a very high priority. I have to admit, it scared me a little. I put that bow up immediately for fear it would destroy my motivation to master sightless shooting. Reckon I have a little "Trad-Cop" in me?

Bear A Mag Riser Only (now with Rose Oak Limbs)

Green Stripe -- Now w/Trad Ganger

Rose Oak Super Wildcat -- Coco and Bocote

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
WOW......too many beautiful bows, if that's possible.  We truly are blessed with all the talented bowyers out there.    :thumbsup:

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
Just a few weeks ago i bought this one and refinished it:

ARCS Millenium Mohican 68" 43#@30;

Will be addin a BigJim TC hopefully soon.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline BuckyT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
I bought this one back in March.

A Beowulf recurve made by White Wolf Custom Bows.

62"AMO

56lbs@28"

My first traditional bow.  It's been very fun learning how to shoot it.  Hope to stick a whitetail with it this fall.

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
Well,...my son left his Two Tracks Ambush at my house this past week and I've been playing with it.  Long story short, I now have one on order identical to his except a few pounds lighter.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Milan Sekularac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
Hi. A recurve, one-piece. It's made by a european bowyer from Serbia, Mojovic bows. The bow is called Sirin, riser section is made of african bubinga with mapplewood inlays. Limbs are laminated in mapplewood, cross carbon and transparent fiberglas.  It is very accurate and smooth to pull, and pretty fast...I love it. Here's a video I did on this bow

youtube video of me shooting the bow  

Offline DayTripper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Bought a Bama Royal in July of this year but won't get it until late October. And, last week got Black Swan Hybrid from TradGang classifieds.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©