3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Common Courtesy  (Read 469 times)

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Common Courtesy
« on: May 28, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »
This seems to be a common theme on here.  People ask for pictures to be sent to them.  Then you never hear back at all.  Not a "Thank You.  I will think about it."  Nothing.  How hard is it to acknowledge that you rec'd them??  And when you take the next step and ask them if they got them, you hear nothing back.

Or you get the response, "Yeah.  Got them.  But it's about 10 pounds too heavy for me."  Dude, the specs were posted in the ad.  Why did you ask for pics?

Sorry.  Just had to vent for myself and a few others who have experienced it quite a bit lately.

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Common Courtesy
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
Venting is a good thing.............♠
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
been selling and trading for years and you'll get used to that...
"Us vs Them"

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
I agree I think that they should at least send you a reply.

However, I also think that it is alot easier for people to just post the pictures in the add when they post it. Its not that hard, I think there was a sticky or something at one time that gave step by step instructions on how to do it.

Sometimes people would click on a for sale item and not really be interested. If you are really trying to sell it. The picture if posted in the thread could be the deal changer.
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
I agree common courtesy would call for a follow-up note from a looker to a seller.  I wouldn't consider posting an item without a picture though.

Once I offered to send pictures of Schafer Silvertips -- I asked for it so I'm not complaining, but I learned a lesson! I sent e-mails of boo-coo pictures for 4-5 days!  EVERY person I sent the pictures to thanked me though.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
I agree, you deserve some feedback when sending pictures. I always post pictures with my add though. I did email a well known collector some pictures of a bow he was looking for and no response. My opinion of him plummeted after that.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
My good friend and buddy Butch Speer on here has this quote as a part of his tag line.

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

I love it!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
There is another side of the coin, people who ask for pictures, and then don't get them, also without an apology, or sold, or lost the darn thing, what ever.
No matter which side you are on, common courtesy goes both ways.
We are all in this together, we should act that way.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
If I really want to sell something I'm going to post the pictures up front with the ad. A lot easier to take a little time up front and post some nice clear pics of the item in question rather than sending 15 separate emails to each individual.  C'mon folks learn to post pictures.  
But, I agree, if you ask for some pics you should acknowledge their receipt.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
When I read about a bow I would like to see, but not buy, I always try to say so in the message, and always offer to post the pictures as a favor in return. That way we both win  :D
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
X 2 Burnsie.  I'm also a big one on disclosure.  If there are nicks/dings,etc. Post pics and describe  the issue(s) so the buyer gets no surprises when the item arrives.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
I learned to post pictures off of this site and will not list any future items for sale without posting pictures. People like to see what they are buying and like to read a detailed description as well. It doesn't take much. I feel that there is alot less time consumed by both parties over an item than one listed without pictures.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
I agree.  Posted pics help.  But why then, when people have pics posted, people still ask for more?  Because they need to see more.  No big deal. So just because you have a pic posted, doesn't mean people arn't going to ask for more.

I don't post pics because I don't want to mess with photobucket.  Too much work for my lazy butt:)

I've gotten quite a few PM's agreeing with me on this.  Acknowledge the receiving of the pics.  And don't ask for pics if you aren't serious.  If the bow is too heavy, long, short, whatever, pics aren't going to change that:)

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
NVM, Post deleted.
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
we call'em "tire kickers" where I come from.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Here are my thoughts: "Common Courtsey" is posting the pictures to start with.  

Want to know how I really feel?
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »
"Common Courtsey" is something we all should use with one another here and I know a pic of your bow will help cause it did me But I also understand with many people that posting pics isn't the easiest thing No matter how it's explained...Many people will say to you "WHY NOT POST PICS IT'S EASY" well it may be for you but everyone's not you! I had to beg my wife to try and figure that out and since forgot...I respect a man if he say's I don't no how to do this or that instead of making him/her feel like they are dumb to learning...Not many have the ability or friends to help show them the how to on doing this or that so saying to them to just go read such and such post on posting it's that simple doesn't work for all...Have respect for each other and try to help them in any way possible...Some of this computer stuff is so hard to explain to our elders and some others even if it is in a step by step instruction...You don't teach a child to walk a few steps then leave them to fend for themselves from there on so if you do know how to teach a person to post pics or whatever then take a little of your time and teach another that is having a diffacult time using this computer langauge...Walt I believe you said those words to me and I didn't care for your remark on the subject and I know it's easy for you to just send a pic but just think about a fella that may be in his 70's that never had learned these new ways of posting etc. I don't really want to know how you really feel if it's going to make a fella feel like he's worthless and shouldn't be a member here cause he needs to send pics to make a sale...I know it helps but instead try to help a person out and lend a hand...God Bless, Keefers <")))><

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
I should of posted more cause I feel so rude now,,, but honestly when I put a bow up for trade I think 60% of the interest is just Photo shoppers I call them,, they I think are shopping the classifieds and kind of dreaming like people do when they flip through a catalog and they almost need to see the bow.   I think in the end they just blow it off and move to another like a troll but I wouldn't say it was done in that bad of a way.  I too would like some reply to atleast confirm they did  gt pics.  

I do also admit I think I've done it too in the midst of serious shopping and 20-30 pms coming in at once.. I'll be sure to reply back even though theres alot of times when the seller don't reply back too.
"Us vs Them"

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
What about when you sell an item and the buyer can't even let you know that it has arrived. I figure that if it didn't get there I would hear from them for sure.
I do post pictures when I am selling something now, but didn't know how for a long time. I think having the pics makes it easier to sell and you don't have to bother with all the sending of pics. If you can send pics via email, there are plenty of guys here who will post them for you.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
Some good thoughts shared back and forth, but let's not throw the baby out with the washwater and someone run to Admin in a huff.  We could loose the ability to buy/sell entirely if this goes viral.

We're dealing with a cross section of society in a forum like this and there will be many different values and attitudes about what constitutes "good manners."

We pays our money and takes our chances...    :)  

Now help an old guy offa his soapbox afore I break a hip or sumpin!    :saywhat:      :D  

Let's not forget the lead banner posted by Terry Green on the Classifieds:

posted April 22, 2011 08:29 PM                    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We will no longer administrate this classified portion of the site. We have tried in the past, and receive grief for our efforts. So, we will no longer waste our time trying to protect, alert, warn anyone of anything. If you post off topic, it will likely be removed and we will NOT email you under any circumstance. We have better things to do with our lives. Read the Rules.

Buyer Beware......best of luck.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©