3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TRAD goes to IRAQ  (Read 398 times)

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TRAD goes to IRAQ
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
Like Whip said Brian Taggert gets the bulk of the credit here. Thank you to Brian and all the donors.    :clapper:
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline kenscollick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Very good work those soldiers really appreciate what everyone is doing for them.

Some clarification and history about Camp Cuervo, It was started in 2004 when a group of soldiers stationed in Baghdad at Camp Cuervo, [These camps or FOB's would be renamed in honor of a fallen soldier, so there is no longer a base with that name.]

Sent out a bunch of emails looking for archery equipment, they were all sharing a bear target bow. The Michigan Longbow Association started sending and petitioning for equipment and since then has sent 100's of bows and thousands of arrows to various bases in both Iraq and Afghanistan. This project contunues today with John Vasos and Jon Stewart doing most of the coordination. The name "Camp Cuervo" has remained, but is no longer an actual base.

There is a fairly new facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_112515148777307&ap=1

and pictures at The Michigan Longbow Association website:http://www.michiganlongbow.org/ccac.htm

also a big thanks to Rinehart targets for all of their support and patriots all across the country.

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Putn steel on TARGET!    Cool Beans.....♠  :bigsmyl:
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  God bless,Mudd    :campfire:
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »
Excellent. I love to read about gestures like this.  Looks like they're getting a well deserved break!
Gary Logsdon

Offline pickaspot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  
Way to go guys! What a treat it will be for those soldiers to have the same little escape we get to enjoy watching arrows fly.

There are a lot of fine folks on this site!   :clapper:    :clapper:
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." H.D. Thoreau

>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline ronnyg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
Wow! That's too cool.  What I would have given for a trad range, when I was at Cmp Cropper.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
David Meckel  who posted above gave me the bows, arrows, feathers, gloves, points and other misc equipment to send over to
Afganistan.  I was introduced to David by a mutual friend, Bob Poffinbarger a former recon Marine who was shot in the head and paralyzed back in 66 in Viet Nam.

John Vasos asked me to coordinate the Afganistan Range as I also am a former Marine. The range in Afganistan is called Camp Hansen.  When David saw the Camp Cuervo  shirt I was wearing he asked about what it meant.  10 minutes later he had a table full of archery equipment and told me to send it over.

If someone on here can take e-mail photos and post them on here I will e-mail the photos over to you.

If you haven't participated in helping our troops this way, try it.  You will never regret it and it gives you a feeling that will stay with you the rest of your life. "pay it forward"

Semper Fi

Jon

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :clapper:    :clapper:           Great Stuff!!!
bolong

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Jon is so right about the feeling you get from helping our Troops out. When Sgt. Kirkendall (Aaron) posted some pics of the guys shooting a bow I sent it made my 'year'! Knowing they are using some arrows or other gear I sent to have fun and relieve stress just makes me smile every time I think of it.    :clapper:    :clapper:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline ordcorpdw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Having served I know that hit a mark for them. We used to say nobody loves a soldier till the enemy is at the front gate. I would have appreciated such a gesture and it proves to those men and women they are loved and thanked. Those gestures speak to all veterans and those serving. GOOD JOB!!  and thanks.

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
Wow!!! Good job guys. Gary

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©