3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arizona EZ Fletch  (Read 420 times)

Offline bsoper

• Trad Bowhunter
Arizona EZ Fletch
« on: May 30, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Anyone else ever tried one of these? I picked one up it was super easy to use and seemed to do the job. I am a total newbie, but I thought doing my own fletching would be a fun way to add some personal flavor to my arrows. Also it's easier to find bare shafts or vane fletched shafts around here and now I can just put my own feathers on.
~Brock

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arizona EZ Fletch
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
Some guys like em some guys dont. I had one for years but I didnt like the "slop" in the wings so I upgraded to a bitz and like that better.

Maybe Im just not coordinated enough to do 3 fletches at a time or maybe Im too picky????
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
I'm glad to know the thing has potential. I have one, but it was tough going for me with the plastic clamp and curve of the feathers I bought (would not hold completely flush).  So I didn't have the same experience, but I also don't know what I'm doing and it could have been a feather issue.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
Never could get mine to set the feathers as percise or as even as I wanted.  I always seemed to have one feather scewed from all the rest.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline bsoper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
It took about 6 arrows before I got the hang of it. You have to go real slowly I mean REAL slowly and only use a small amount of glue. It definitely doesn't look like the factory fletching as it isn't perfectly set, but I thought the job looked ok for a home rig.
~Brock

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »
imho, the worst fletcher i've ever used.  a cheap $30 bohning pro fletcher is world's better in every way.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline thumper15

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »
Been using one for about 10 years. They work ok, just work out a routine for working it and it gets the job done. Use a small amount of glue, just snug down the plastic cap, and gently squeeze with your hand about halfway down the arms and it should seat the feathers completely. make sure to scrape excess glue off the arms between arrows, if you don't the following arrows won't have feathers seated right. But, like others have said it's not as precise as a bitz.
Aim small miss small

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
Mine works fine, just have to clean the excess glue off once in awhile.  There are better systems out there but it works.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Stoutstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
I started with one and switched to the Bitzenberger later.

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
I like mine. I've fletched dozens of dozens with it. course I'm by no means a perfectionist.
    Larry

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
I had one years ago, worked fine, i now use a bitz, i like the versatility, differant clamps, differant angles and so on. Nothing wrong with the arizona its a good product.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Mack_S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
I like mine too.  Never had a problem with it and never notice that my fletchings weren't on right.
-Mack

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Imo for vanes only.  It is the ticket for plastic but feathers will make you curse.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline USAFdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
I agree with kbetts, works ok for vanes, never tried feathers in one. Been using one of those cheap bohnings Rob mentioned above for feathers.
Will be buying a Bitz soon.

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
I find it's a decent cheap solution.  It's the only fletcher I have and I find it works just fine if you're not too picky and you use just a small amount of glue.  If the feathers are too stiff and aren't cut just right, the tend to pop up a bit.  I've had only a few do that though.

Rusty
Black Widow PSA V 48# @27"
Samick Deermaster T/D 50# @28"
Dale Dye Good Medicine 50# @27"
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline Sal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
This fletcher worked well with stripped feathers, I had difficulty gluing stripped feathers with the others.  One drawback is that its problematic with the hefty natural feathers, but works fine with the farmed turkey ones.

Its not my primary fletcher, its an option for a specific use.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
I have one. Works fine. If you have trouble getting the feather to set right in the arms, take some string wax and run it up and down the groove.

Hap

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
They worked well with vanes but I don't like them for feathers. Some feathers where able to slip through the arms leaving a poorly glued feather.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline bsoper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Yeah, some of the feathers are very stiff and don't want to stay in. I found if I go really slow, one at a time it works better. Thanks for the tip about the string wax, that will come in handy!
~Brock

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
Spend a bit more and get a 6 jig set up... Maybe a Jo Jan.  Split the extra $50 by the number of arrow making years you have left and the price difference is hopefully pretty small.  

When you can make up a dozen arrows in 2 hours your whole outlook on arrow building changes for the better.

If not... Jo Jan, Blitzenburger and PSE all make excellent single jigs that are very adjustable.  For about the same price as the EZ.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©