3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Strongbuilt Cherokee Climber anyone?  (Read 126 times)

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
Strongbuilt Cherokee Climber anyone?
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this climbing stand?  Someone is selling them on an auction site that will go unnamed for $65 + 15 s&h.  Other than the relatively heavy 34lb weight, it looks like it might be a good cheap toss-in-the-truck stand.  Anyone try one of these?

Thanks,
Rusty
Black Widow PSA V 48# @27"
Samick Deermaster T/D 50# @28"
Dale Dye Good Medicine 50# @27"
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Strongbuilt Cherokee Climber anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
I have no experience with this stand so please disregard if you wish, But i hunt almost exclusively in climbers and 34lbs is alot heavier than you think! especially if your bringing it out with you, but on the other hand it should be dead solid, but like i said im a summit man so disregard if you wish, just my .02, good luck either way climbers are the bomb!!!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
I've never used a Strong climber but their ladder stands are second to none, if weight is not a factor. Everything they build is solid and made to last. Great stands if you can put them up and leave them up for the entire season.   :thumbsup:

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
I have never used that particular stand either. I do have some OL Man stands that weight that much and they are very comfortable and stable but it is like carrying a Volkswagen if you carry it very far.

I usually carry it in once and then just move it short distances all season and it works well for that.

Strongbuilt has gone under so there will probably be no parts or support but for the price, I would buy all I could get.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©