3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: You Thoughts on Black Widow  (Read 1832 times)

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: You Thoughts on Black Widow
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
If you don't care for BW bows, shoot something else.
These threads are silly.
Mine have given me good service for the last 30 years all over the world.

Offline BoonRoto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by BUFF:
If you don't care for BW bows, shoot something else.
These threads are silly.
Mine have given me good service for the last 30 years all over the world.
Whats silly is making a pointed response without reading the thread. I never said I don't like BW Bows, I did say I was considering buying one.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Have not waded through the above posts. My take on a widow is this. You get the same thing every time you pick up one. I'm talking about grip, smoothness of draw and performance. I shoot Rick Welch bows, Hoots bows, Roy hall Bows,, trad tech. I got more. If I was gonna shoot the ibo worlds this year, I'd grab my widow. I can shoot this bow better and more consistant than any bow I have. everyone likes to try different bows, but If I had it to do all over again, I'd have just a widow or two. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
If someone is making negative quality or performance comments about Black Widow-They do not know what they are talking about.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline levibear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
dennyk is correct
Never trade time for money, cause when your out of time money don't matter

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
X2 DennyK

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
I don't understand. If you have never shot/owned a BW how come you seam to believe the bad some have said, but you seem to be having trouble believing the good. Maybe I am wrong but are you trolling? If I am wrong then I apologies.

Offline BoonRoto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by The Whittler:
I don't understand. If you have never shot/owned a BW how come you seam to believe the bad some have said, but you seem to be having trouble believing the good. Maybe I am wrong but are you trolling? If I am wrong then I apologies.
Ok, this is the last time I am going to say this and then I give up. I have never said anything bad about Black Widow Bows nor did I say I don't believe the postives others have told me or posted here. I HAVE shot Black Widow Bows just not the model I was looking at purchasing. I was simply asking for opinions on the performance of recently built PSA and PSAX models as I had heard some conflicting information about the recently built Black Widow Bows. I figured posing the question here would get a lot of opinions from shooters that have first hand experience with the models in question. Those opinons coupled with my own future shooting experiences would better allow me to arrive at an informed decision on whether or not to purchase one.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
You can test drive one yourself,then you wil know just how good they really are. All it really cost you is the price of shipping if you don't like it

doug77

Offline STEVE R.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
I think BW bows are the best on the market.I have 5 different models. I also think you should test drive one  and not ask someone elses opinion of them. You may not like them ,which is ok by me, but it won't be because they are not top of the line, and the best co. out there.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »
I have had a PSA V Asbell, PSA X std grip, and PCH X low grip.  All were problem free.  I didn't care for some of the grips so don't have the bows.  The PSA V was just too much mass weight for my taste, but really accurate.  I like the PCH best and will probably get one with std grip at some point.  I do find them to be a little harder to quiet down than some bows, but in the middle of the range in general for a recurve.  The PCH was easiest to quiet down.  All were very dead in the hand shooting.  I don’t find that so much with the PL compared to other hybrid bows I have and have shoot.  I like that I can know exactly how one will feel and shoot for me because they are so consistent in mfr. Some don’t like that, but I think it is a big plus.  I have tried other bows I liked a lot and then gotten one only to find it just wasn’t the same feel or grip at all. That is disappointing.  The fit and finish on the BW bows is top of the line.  The X bows are some of the finest looking bows I have seen with the best level of veneer matching I have seen on any bow.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
Never heard about any issues with Black Widow bows but every time I get one in my hands & shoot it makes me wish I could get one.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
What I like about BW and I haven't heard it in this thread is you can order limbs and don't have to send the riser in to get them matched up, or trade limbs with someone and you know they will fit the same model.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
BW's current orders may suddenly be increasing due to this thread.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Personal preference is of course very (most)important and well demonstrated above. I think Trad Gang is the best place to get virtual input regarding any make of bow. I prefer to use the search function most of the time but even then I might still have a question.  

Over time, as you peruse these threads you will come to find folks who have similar tastes and provide information in a format you find useful. Those will be your go-to guys when it comes to weighing in on bows.

I know two fellows here that have steered me to wonderful bows, but not every time. I doubt anyone's tastes are identical and certainly my specs are matched only by 6th grade kids.

I like that new Widows are made using CNC. I love that they are relatively heavy. It doesn't bother me that a half-dozen or so folks have their hand in my Widow. There are other bowyers out there who use similar equipment but perform each of the steps.  

I've used the following a couple of times to indicate my favorite bow. If there was a fire at my house and I could rescue only one bow (after my wife is safe -- wait she has two hands --hmmm?) it would be my Schafer Silvertip.  I'd surely miss my Super Wildcat but I would take solace in the fact that I can get an exact duplicate of the Widows I leave behind, except maybe for that beautiful Idahocurt Myrtle!

As others have stated, the Test-Drive program is fantastic.  I know it costs a bit up front and you might not like the bow, so you're out $50 or so for shipping to and from. However, when you buy a new one and IF you don't like it, you'll lose a lot more, these days when you re-sell it.

The only way to dodge that bullet (uh, thread-pulling word -ha) is to buy a used one off Classified's here -- you can usually get every penny of your investment back, less shipping if you resell it....especially if it is a Lefty!

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
so which Widow are you considering buying?
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Offline smilinicon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Love 'em or hate 'em, Black Widow is an American success story. They sure sell a lot of bows and they do it with a mediocre catalog, website and forum It is the dedication of the owners alone that sells their bows all over the world.

Best of luck to you, whatever you choose to buy.

Offline monk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
I recommend BW's whole-heartedly. I have had 4-5 PLX's; 2 Sx's; and now a PCH-X w/extra limbs and have loved everyone of them. They have performed in every way for my expectations. The high resale value tells you a lot about their quality, performance, and value. Try one you'll love em. The quality of the bows are exceeded ONLY by their customer service.

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
I have a 2010 PSAX and it is by far one of the best bow Ive ever owned and solid as a rock . I would not think twice about ordering another (if I had the cash )
" Live long and prosper "

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
I have never heard anything but praise of the Black widows, However I am a longbow shooter and found that their longbows did not suit me as well as a tomahawk. But their recurves are the best in my opinion
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©