3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction  (Read 5015 times)

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction
« on: April 17, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Folks, this is the actual thread from this year's auction, beamed up to powwow for your viewing pleasure, and to recognize the amazing generosity of our Trad Gang membership ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last year was so great for us and St. Jude's, Delaney has agreed to offer 4 poundcakes and I will ship to the highest bidder or group of bidders.  Last year the bidding got so high we were compelled to bump this to 12 poundcakes.  I'm very proud of Delaney for cooking all 12 and want to thank Biggie again for re-donating 3 of his 4 that Delaney was able to deliver to the local Ronald McDonald House.

Here's Delaney with her first deer on youth day this year.  She is wearing her St. Jude's inspired Tippit knife and the mojo was definitely with us on her first deer hunt for sure!

And this is what you're bidding on.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
I don't know who will end up with the last bid, but I've at least got the first!
$100.00
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline sunnyhillshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by Whip:
I don't know who will end up with the last bid,
I do.

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunnyhillshooter:

I don't know who will end up with the last bid,
I do. [/b]
After some earlier log in confusion..... I do know who will have the  last bid.

And who will be eating the pound cake.   :bigsmyl:
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
$150
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
Probably be Biggie... but I'll bid 200.00
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Ok. I'm confused. Is this a one on one or are y'all gonna get 35 people and gang up on us again??
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Looks like every man for himself.

For now....  :goldtooth:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
35?  Where did you get that number?  There are like 30000 registered users to draw on here and they all want to see you lose this auction!    :readit:
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by gregg dudley:
35?  Where did you get that number?  There are like 30000 registered users to draw on here and they all want to see you lose this auction!     :readit:  
That's about all y'all could motivate last year.

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
And they ALL don't really want to see us lose. Some of them secretly enjoy watching y'all lose year after year after year.

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
Looks like every man for himself.

For now....   :goldtooth:  
So does this mean the phantom bidding is about to begin?

Billy Ellis

Online Dry Creek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Watching you guys bicker back and forth is the part I enjoy.
58" Bear Super Grizzly  45@28
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw 45@30

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:
And they ALL don't really want to see us lose. Some of them secretly enjoy watching y'all lose year after year after year.
Spies and traitors is all they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did you do with the biggster Mikey, got him hiding somewhere?
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
I honestly have not seen or heard from Biggie. I think Batman and Joebuck have kidnapped him or have some old Lowcountry woman workin roots on him!!!   :scared:

Billy Ellis

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
I spilled my beer on that.
   :laughing:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:
I honestly have not seen or heard from Biggie. I think Batman and Joebuck have kidnapped him or have some old Lowcountry woman workin roots on him!!!    :scared:  
Joebuck might have thought him a big ol tom turkey and slid an arrow through his ribs.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
Just a brief bit of history for those who may not know about the Pound Cake War (and the Cookie Wars that preceded it)

I don't recall the exact year, but at some point in the history of the St. Jude auction the bidding for some chocolate chip cookies by Miss Kim Coots got heated up.  Seems everyone wanted a bite of those cookies, so a small group of us came up with a plan.  

We formed a little "corporation" and called it MK, LLC.  Anyone who bid $50 received a "share" in the corporation entitling them to 1 cookie from the batch.  The company was highly successful, and cookies were enjoyed by all.

The following year, we were challenged by an upstart group of competitors for the rights to the cookies.  They called themselves 1K, LLC, and to purchase a share in their corporation required an initial investment of $1,000.

So it became the battle of the big guys versus the little guys.  We have fought valiantly each year since.  Last year the focus shifted to Delaney's pound cake.  Bidding was fierce, but in the end we came up just a hairs breath short of taking the cake.  A last second bid that would have put us over the top failed to clear the magic cutoff time.

In the end, last year the winning bidders from 1K LLC put up a total of $4,200 to claim their prize.  Many of the MK, LLC shareholders honored their bids even though we lost the battle at the end.  Our shareholders paid in a total of $3,700 in the losing effort.

So the combined bids last year for a slice of precious pound cake generated a total of nearly $8,000 that went directly to St. Jude.  

Who knows where this years bidding will take us?  Is it going to be pound cake again?  Or will it be some other delectable treat? Will this be the year that David slays Goliath?

It's kind of like when WalMart comes to town and puts all the little guys on Main St. out of business.  Wouldn't you just once like to see the little guy come out on top?  

Membership in MK, LLC is open to anyone.  All you need to do is join in the fun.

Stay tuned here to see what develops.....
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »
  We have fought valiantly each year since.  
And LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Ellis

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »
13 posts since I bid $200. and not one of you have added a dime. guess I need to bid against myself.

$250.00
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©