3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction  (Read 5029 times)

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Awww crap....

Tons'o'fun is out of the bedroom
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Campbell:
Being a recipient of SHA's generosity I really hate to bid against him. Thanks again Michael that pound cake was awesome along with everything else! But since I'm just a poor boy from MT I'll have to stick with my old MK team. Count me in guys, $100 from the muddy northwest.

Delaney you rock    :readit:
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
 :saywhat:  
:D  

Sounds like we need to have another emergency board meeting when Lil D gets home from school!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Whatdaya mean away crap?  We're not afraid of the big one.  Guy like him can't stay hidden in the bushes for long!  Git yer wallet unfold Biggie.  You'll be needing it before long...
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
Don't know how that happened. Sorry for the repost.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:
Whatdaya mean away crap?  We're not afraid of the big one.  Guy like him can't stay hidden in the bushes for long!  Git yer wallet unfold Biggie.  You'll be needing it before long...
Please place a bid. Y'all have been yapping but no cash has been put on the table!!!

Billy Ellis

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
My bid was the first one in.    :readit:  
For now i'll just keep on yappin
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
Who's that new guy lurking behind the sun glasses???
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Geemanychristmas! I had to run and get some PT this morning at the coaxing of a fine individual.(thanks you know you). I come back and there is some big guy running around here in his underwear.  :scared:  Welcome to the slaughter(1k,llc's)biggster.
Although my shoulder is killing me now, my mouth is still a running!hahahaha
Sunny,relax the bids are just piling up right now. They come in waves.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:
Originally posted by leatherneck:

Pretty amazing little girl huh!
[

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease quit sucking up!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]
Me and little D have our own secret.  ;)
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline dakota tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
So what's the total for MK, LLC ?   :knothead:
What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt.    --Aldo Leopold

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Rizzy,

That last post can get you arrested in at least 10 states North of the M.D....and elected governor in some South o' that!

I'm guessing that pain you're feeling from PT is the Good Man upstairs tellin ya "nannerna nannana!" for not listening!  

If'n you didn't need the PT, it wouldn't be hurtin NOW!

Keep on keepin on...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by dakota tim:
So what's the total for MK, LLC ?    :knothead:  
I don't have the total right now. I've got a running tally sheet at home but am at our cabin for a few days and doing this on my phone.
It's safe to say we need more. And it's also safe to say we are a long way from done - plenty of MK shareholders yet to step in!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
So what's the total for MK, LLC ?    :knothead:  
THAT is the first salient question I've heard in a long time.

What are y'all up to now????? A grand?

Billy Ellis

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
Ah crap, I thought biggie was four donuts away from the keyboard, but apparently he found his way back!
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:

So what's the total for MK, LLC ?     :knothead:  
I don't have the total right now. I've got a running tally sheet at home but am at our cabin for a few days and doing this on my phone.
It's safe to say we need more. And it's also safe to say we are a long way from done - plenty of MK shareholders yet to step in! [/b]
Go enjoy your weekend Joe. We can take care of mikey. Next week is when things start to get interesting anyhow.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:
Don't know how that happened. Sorry for the repost.
I figured you was just getting nervous   :biglaugh:
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
Ding-Ding...round 4?
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
So Lil D held her board meeting after swim practice today.  I gave her the latest market report to include a "Biggie is now on the scene" and discussed some private PMs we received that were very very special.  We are now in for 12 cakes.  Either way this one goes, there are several fine people that will be eating St. Jude inspired pound cakes.

I've gotten a few questions about the deer pics so I'll share a bit of the story....
Last year, this auction changed the lives of me and Delaney.  We have a different and better relationship in many ways because of that experience.  Delaney and I made a lot of friends from that experience.  Leatherneck actually invited Delaney and I to come up to his place for a youth day deer hunt.  When I told Delaney about the offer, she said she wanted to go.  Up to that point, she had never shot a rifle nor killed anything.  She'd hunted with me a little and cleaned some birds and what not but never had been "the hunter."  That invite started a lot of conversation, questions and soul searching and ultimately she decided she wasn't prepared to "kill" a deer yet and I let Leatherneck know we would regretfully have to decline.  The questions about hunting didn't stop and she couldn't let it go.  We made cakes and she got the amazing Tippit knife that symbolized the praise and appreciation so many of you offered her last year.  Well, in December, my best buddy said he wanted to take his girls on a deer hunt on youth day and asked if I'd like to take Delaney.  She was hesitant, but since her buddies were going, she said yes.  We went out the weekend before and had them shoot on the range and we prepared stands and ground blinds.  Delaney shot well but I was fully prepared and comfortable with her not wanting to shoot at the moment of truth. She hung her St. Jude Tippit knife around her neck and we climbed the tree. The small four walked out with about 30 minutes of light left at 50 yards and I asked Delaney if she wanted to shoot.  YES! she whispered loudly.  She made a great shot and was immediately excited with her deer.  It worked out perfectly for a nine year old's first big game harvest.  We were quite excited when we caught up with the other girls and quickly began telling our story.  Once done, my buddy's Dad who had been in a ground blind with one of the girls stutter'd, Little Roey shot a biiiig deer.  He was still shaking!  The big deer in the pic is Delaney's friend's first deer as well.  It was a magical evening and the best first hunting experiece you could hope for a kid.  Delaney's little mind had one heck of a journey to make to get right with the idea of being a hunter.  You all started her on that journey here last year and I'm very thankful for that.  Side note....Roey's Grandfather wrote an article for Sporting Classics a couple of months back so you can see her with the big deer there as well.
Best, Julian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
I heard that story in person....

Then, as now all I could think was.... Cool just freakin cool.

We hold it in our hands every day. The ability to change lives. Often we take it for granted. I know I do.Even with my own kids. Please bid what you can. They need it.

Y'all still won't get the cakes.

But you can dream.......

Billy Ellis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©