3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction  (Read 5036 times)

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:

Or maybe Tressel could get in on it.....

Oh. Wait. He might be unemployed soon. That probably isn't a good idea.
Next I'll be revealing the winners of the Auctions ending Sunday.....   :bigsmyl:
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
There, see how easy that is?  We bid a couple hundred dollars, and the kids at St. Jude end up $1,200 ahead.  We can do that again with some help from the rest of the MK crew and anyone that would like to join up.

If some others can step in and get us within striking distance again I can guarantee to put us over the next level.  We bump 'em up enough we'll end up with cake on our face!   :goldtooth:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
In past years, win or lose, many of the MK shareholders have made good on their bids even if we lost the battle.  I know that some will certainly do that again this year, but it is not required in order to play the game.

Just as in any of the other auctions, if we end up with the high bid we as a group are committed to putting up the money.  But if they somehow steal the pound cake again this year there is no obligation for MK shareholders.  You have nothing to risk by bidding with us unless we prevail in the end.  If we don't, it is completely up to you whether you want to let your bid ride or not.  If yo let it ride it goes down as simply a cash donation to the St. Jude.

So here is a no lose proposition for you.  Throw in your bid for $100 to boost the MK coffers.  If we come out on top, we get the cake.  If we push 1K over the top, that is even more money for St. Jude.  

There is no possibility of losing!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Oh, forgot to mention the recent history of this item.  For those that may not have been involved last year, 1K leapfrogged us at the last minute with a total of $4,200.  

According to my unofficial tally sheet from last year MK also had $4,200 in bids, but I missed the cutoff of the auction due to slow computer response, so the prize went to the 1K guys.  of the MK bids, a total of $3,700 was still paid in to St. Jude even in the losing effort.

So the 2010 tally for the pound cake resulted in  $7,900 total proceeds to St. Jude.  That's quite a contribution from the efforts of a wonderful young girl!!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
I say we tkae it over $10,000.00!!!!!!!!! But we cant do it alone. We need some help. So if maybe that item you were bidding on slipped from your grasp you can still put your cash here.
Plus you get some awesome tasting cake. I'll have to take Michaels word for it since he got us last year. But I would like to find out myself this year! So come on Mk shareholders!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by leatherneck:
I say we tkae it over $10,000.00!!!!!!!!! But we cant do it alone. We need some help. So if maybe that item you were bidding on slipped from your grasp you can still put your cash here.
Plus you get some awesome tasting cake. I'll have to take Michaels word for it since he got us last year. But I would like to find out myself this year! So come on Mk shareholders!
:banghead:
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
Where did you come from????????/  :confused:  

Have you been hiding in the bushes biggie?

Glad to see ya!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline dakota tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Where did you come from????????/   :confused:  

Glad to see ya!
Have you ever tried a bribe to get a certain 1K'r over on the MK side?
What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt.    --Aldo Leopold

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
Hard to bribe a 1 kr. They respond better with Blackmail  :)
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Where did you come from????????/   :confused:  

Glad to see ya!
Maybe some old Lowcountry woman been workin roots on the big moose-killer!

:laughing:    :laughing:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
Not a bad idea Tim.  I think I did try that once during one of our prior battles.  If I remember right they laughed at me.  And probably kept right on laughing while they were eating their cake.  I'm surprised they didn't choke on it.  

Hmmm, maybe we need a better bribe....

Let's try this.

Anybody, whether they be a former 1K shareholder or not, who throws in a contribution of $1,000 or more for MK, LLC is invited to my cabin in Black River Falls WI for 5 days of deer hunting this fall. We'll chase whitetails together, and I'll provide the meals.  Pound cake for dessert at every meal.  :thumbsup:    

I can handle 2-3 people pretty easy.  If we get more than that we'll figure something out.  ;)
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
:saywhat:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:
  I think I did try that once during one of our prior battles.  If I remember right they laughed at me.  
More than once.

Yes. You were laughed at. Hard.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by Converml:
Hard to bribe a 1 kr. They respond better with Blackmail   :)  
That sounds like the voice of experience.   :saywhat:

Billy Ellis

Offline dakota tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
I was thinking Krispy Kremes but hunting at Joe's cabin has to be WAY more tempting!

I was going to wait but put me down for:

$100 for MK, LLC
What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt.    --Aldo Leopold

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
Krispy kernes is about as good as it gets but don't count out what a recording device at camp can do:) or just agreeing about also seeing the hellucination they were stalking. Not that I've tried any of these low down tactics but that is what the voice of experience told me  :)  he is always trying to get me in trouble which is why I don't listen, too often.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
I received a message to pass along today....

You can tell "Over The Hill"   Hell No I ain't Skeert of no Log hidin Rebs..........Just been forced to Gorilla  tactics.........And were gonna win this here un too............Da Bull

No disrespect to the Marines in our bunch - they are doing a fine job on the front lines.  But we're mustering all the forces we can in the battle for the cake.  We've called for more support and we will  "Take The Cake".

PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Converml:
 but don't count out what a recording device at camp can do:)  
Come on Merle...."What happens at camp stays at camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My eleven year old Son knows that!!!!!!

Just ask Smarty Marty.

Billy Ellis

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
All's fair in Love and War.  

We love pound cake, and this is war.

Do what ya gotta do Merle.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
I thought this was war. And I've never been to a camp. I guess my camp ediquite leaves much to be desired. But then again in a fight I am a biter  :)
Howard Hill Cheetah

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©