3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction  (Read 5021 times)

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delaney's Poundcake - St Jude's 2011 Auction
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by Whip:

Who knows where this years bidding will take us?  Is it going to be pound cake again?  Or will it be some other delectable treat? Will this be the year that David slays Goliath?

Y'all go play somewhere else then.... We'll eat the Charleston Pound Cake....

The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
I don't know Les... You better watch out. The way Whipped counted bids last year you are up to $450 already. Shoot. You are halfway to the 1K bid already!!! Come on over to the winning side!
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
Brings back some incredible memories of laughin so hard, my face hurt!

Here we go again...  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
That does it.  Game on!  Those pictures are irresistible - We want pound cake!  
I'll put my bid in as a part of the MK, LLC group.

Anybody that wants to join in the fray is welcome on our team.  I've been in meetings with the production department, and here is what we came up with.

For every $100 share of MK, LLC you purchase you will receive one slice of Delaney's delectable pound cake.  Of course that means we will need to collectively outbid the evil 1K big boys, but I really think this is the year!

So who else in in with me?  Come on over Les, your $250 bid will get you 2 1/2 slices.  I'll bet Delaney would even round it up for you and make it three!  Those guys are paying $1,000 for a whole cake, so that's a good deal.

Any other MK shareholders out there??
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Les, you had better get a definition of exactly how thick those slices would be.

Billy Ellis

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
Go pull some teeth Mikey. We got work to do here.

I'm with ya Joe.

One share please: $100.00
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
In
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
My dryer, truck and dishwasher all broke this week... Dropped $2,000 getting it all fixed or replaced. For obvious reasons I can't give what I wanted during the auction this year.  :mad:  

If the "little guys" will allow me to contribute, I would like to kick in $25 for the MK,LLC. Even if it is just a little, I had to support any organization that has an Ohio marine in the fight!  :thumbsup:  

No cake required for me, just whip the Sunny Hill boys into surrender.....

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
Throw me in fer a slice.

$100
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
If you'll look closely at the picture of the kids allegedly eating the pound cake from last year you will notice something peculiar.  Not one of them actually has their tongue or teeth on a piece of cake!  The next picture was actually taken BEFORE the first shot, and that is why they are smiling.  

I have it on good authority that that picture was taken in an effort to elicit sympathy from potential bidders this year.  But in reality Sunny Boy only allowed them to put a piece close to their mouth and then they had to put it back on the plate.  My source says that he then proceeded to eat the pound cake all by himself.  That's evil!!

Come on in with MK, LLC, where we promise to share the cake equally among us all!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
That was funny Whipped........

Now run along like a good boy and buy some cookies you can afford.

Billy Ellis

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
If you'll look closely at the picture of the kids allegedly eating the pound cake from last year you will notice something peculiar.  Not one of them actually has their tongue or teeth on a piece of cake!  The next picture was actually taken BEFORE the first shot, and that is why they are smiling.  

I have it on good authority that that picture was taken in an effort to elicit sympathy from potential bidders this year.  But in reality Sunny Boy only allowed them to put a piece close to their mouth and then they had to put it back on the plate.  My source says that he then proceeded to eat the pound cake all by himself.  That's evil!!

Come on in with MK, LLC, where we promise to share the cake equally among us all!
Good observation Joe.
They sure are sneeeeeeeeeeeeky big fellows aren't they.  "[dntthnk]"
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
I do believe,1,2,3, Ok. I think we have already come up with $775.00 for the good guys and a big fat $0 for the other guys. Looks like they are falling behind,again.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
oops-That would be $825.00 Forgot Les had $250.00 instead of $200.00. Joe,you better count since your the banker. Dont let us gyrenes do it.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
Actually, we don't yet have Les in the fold. He was bidding on his own before MM got started. But we sure do need him!  How about it Les?  Are you in with us?
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
See Les!!!!!!!!! I told you!!!!!!!

You have already bid $450!!!!!!!

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by leatherneck:
 Joe,you better count since your the banker. Dont let us gyrenes do it.
Smartest thing you have said this entire thread!!!!

Billy Ellis

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
I sure hope Les will come back so we can add him in to the fold.  McDave too.  We are going to need all the help we can get.  We have seen from past years how these fellows just lay in the weeds until we get some bids up and then they jump over the top.  The only way to get them to let the moths out of their wallets is to put the pressure on them.

Here's how I see it so far:
Whip, Leatherneck, Gregg Dudley, Robtattoo, and buckeye_hunter are committed to MK, LLC for a total of $425.  That's the standing high bid at the moment.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:
Les, you had better get a definition of exactly how thick those slices would be.
That is an excellent point Mikey.  Here's the math.  MK, LLC will guarantee that each slice is at least 1/6th of an entire pound cake.  

If each cake weighs one pound (that would only make sense, right?) that is 2.67 ounces per slice.  At $100 per share that is only $37.45 per ounce.  Pound cake is like gold that you can eat, right?  Have you seen the price of gold lately?

The 1K crew is looking at an entire cake for a $1,000 bid.  That works out to $62.50 per ounce!

It is easy to see that MK is the affordable company for the common man.  Come on in and join the fun!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »

If each cake weighs one pound (that would only make sense, right?)  
Dude you obviously have no clue about Charleston Pound Cake!!!!! I don't know about the ones y'all eat up there but down here a good one weighs at least 3 pounds.

Billy Ellis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©