3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bear bows  (Read 372 times)

Offline thumper-tx

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Bear bows
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
I bought one of the new B risers with #1 limbs and really like it. Over the years I have had Fedora, Assenheimer, Groves, DAS, Palmer, Bob Lee, and a few other custom bows. I would put my new Bear with any of them and I like it better than most.  It is VERY smooth. Also, I prefer the limb attachment system over any of the customs I had.  Some have commented on the grip and that is a totally personal issue but I like  the "new" grip. I read it is made to come close to the grips on the 68-69 TD's.

I have an itch for one of the Super Kodiak's now but may just get another TD.

Offline Buckskin57

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
I like all Bear bows, from my 1st red one 50 years ago to my Super K Commerative and Montana Special.HHowever taged alot of Bucks with Colo. Bighorn.
JEREMIAH 16:16 / BEAR SUPER KODIAK /GRAYLING GREEN.

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
I agree with Michigan Bill. Shot the Griz in the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, Mo. this past week. I too was impressed with its craftsmanship, feel and price. A good buy in my opinion.

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
Does anybody know the current estimated waiting time for ordering a 2011 Bear bow through a dealer? There was a long waiting line the last time I checked one of these threads.

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Clint B.:
Does anybody know the current estimated waiting time for ordering a 2011 Bear bow through a dealer? There was a long waiting line the last time I checked one of these threads.
Which bow Clint?  On my Kodiak Magnum, Cabelas had 47 in stock and I had in within a week.  The takedowns are another story 8 weeks I was told by a few shops.
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
I shot a new k-mag and a new super grizzly today and really loved the k-mag and really like the retro look.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Guess I have to be the contrarian, but I shot a TD in the gray laminated riser at Cloverdale and was not at all impressed.  The quality of construction was good, fit and finish was fine, but very average shooter...no better than the old ones I've owned over the years for sure.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Custom bows are great as are factory bows. Widow is a factory bow, A&H is a factory bow. My 40 year old factory bows still shoot very well. I would never bad mouth a factory bow. Just because they are not made by a lone bow maker in a small shop, does not mean they are not as good. I have spent as much as $1600 on a custom bow, I liked it fine, but I went back to my old Bears. I have shot some of the new ones, no difference in performance that I can tell except for the newer string. I like the old Bears and the new Bears. I am one who is happy to see Bear doing what they are now doing.
John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©