3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sore spot  (Read 379 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sore spot
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Does anyone else ever get a sore spot kind of like chapping on the side of your lip if you shoot a lot. I had experienced this before but had not had it in awhile till all the shooting i did last weekend. I'm not sure if it is from my glove or nock. Or maybe a flaw in my form. I like to bring my middle finger to the corner of my mouth when i come to full draw this is my anchor point. Any thoughts?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sore spot
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
Gosh,
I wish mine was only on my lip.  I extended my anchor back a few years ago to gain some draw length.  It worked well for me until last summer when I started wearing a hole in my face.  I would leave a blood trail across the yard every time that I shot...really.  I ended up developing a flinch that I am just now overcoming.  I changed my again, just a smidge, and am back to shooting well.  Most of the abrasion for me was coming from my sting and nocking point, though my tab was also whacking me a bit.  I changed from a braided serving, went to a tied on nock instead of the brass one, and switched to a glove.  All of those changes helped me.  In fact, I shot a new bow last weekend with a brass nocking point and still have a little scab on my cheek to show.  Hopefully, by changing one or more of those things you will be able to solve your problem. Brady

Offline catfishon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 02:04:00 AM »
i tried to shoot with a tab awhile back. shot good untill my lip started bleeding ,went back to glove

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »
Same problem as you. I started placing the string deeper into my fingers.That solved my problem right away. Never did figure out what was cutting my lip.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Can't say as though my lip has ever gotten in the way but I have in the past leaned my head into the shot and have the string peal the skin off the end of my nose.In that case and perhaps yours it was a form issue...Getting a better line(skeletal) AND maintaining back tension THRU the shot helped me.Haven't hit my nose in sometime now (knock on wood LOL)

Good luck
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©