3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Delta Deadstop Targets  (Read 121 times)

Offline Don Drake

• Trad Bowhunter
Delta Deadstop Targets
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
I am using a selfbow I made from Osage Orange, its 62" nock to nock and draws 75# at 28".

I was using a styrofoam-filled target I purchased from Walmart until it fell apart.  On that target, I was getting arrow penetration of about 20" or more, even at 75 feet.

With this new Delta Deadstop, I only get penetration of about 2 to 3 inches and the arrows occasionally bounce off of the target!

Is that normal!!
I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow and did go forth up into the top of the mountain and did obtain food for our families and they did humble themselves before the Lord, and did give thanks unto him. 1 Nephi 16

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delta Deadstop Targets
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
No worries Don.  First make sure you are geting good arrow flight with little to no tail wobble. I am betting you are.  The difference in penetration is due to the difference in mass/density of the target.  As long as the deer you hunt are not made of Delta's material, you sill likely blow right through them.  Hte styrofoam material from walmart is not as durable, not as dense and is jsut plain messy with littlewhite grains all over the place.

If you get good arrow flight out of any 70 pound bow, well ... it never ends well for the deer.

Bob.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©