3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which TradGangers have written books?  (Read 285 times)

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
Which TradGangers have written books?
« on: June 10, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
I always ask my wife and kids for bowhunting books for the Fathers Day.  This year it will be Tom Kidwell's book "Just another old Bowhunter", which I failed to win in the St. Judes auction, but am ordering directly from Tom.

This book made me wonder - how many TradGangers among us have written books, and what are the names of their books?

The obvious authors are Gene and Barry Wensel - I have Treestand Strategies, The Horse you rode in on, One Man's Whitetail, Come November, Hunting Rutting Whitetails, Buckskin and Bone, and Once upon a Tine.

I have Mike Mittens book "One with the Wilderness" and "Best of TBM".

I don't remember Roger Rothhaar ever posting here, but his son Ryan is a Tradganger so I can include "Whitetail Magic" and "In pursuit of Trophy Whitetails".

I have Bryce Lambly's "My Neck of the Woods".

What other books by TradGangers am I missing?

Follow up question:  what future books from Tradgangers would we REALLY like to read?  The resurrected Charlie Lamb thread "Yellow Girl and the buck" reminded me how much I wish Charlie would write a book.
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which TradGangers have written books?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
you forget E.Donnall Thomas Jr.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
Ranger B. I beleive wrote a book, just cant think of the title at teh moment. I always entjoy his posts and dialogues on You tube.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Ranger B. I beleive wrote a book, just cant think of the title at teh moment. I always entjoy his posts and dialogues on You tube.
His name is Jimmy Blackmon, and the book is titled Southern Roots.  I have not read it yet, so I can't comment on it.  On a side note, I just saw a post on another trad site about his email account being hacked.  A bunch of emails were sent to all of his contacts asking for money.  He confirmed it's a scam.

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Some good mentions there. I really like Rothaars books and Lambleys is really good also. Some of these guys are really glorifed deer farmers, but guys like Rothaar and the Eberharts who get it done while competing with other hunters are the real deal.
BD

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
If Denny Sturgis jr. hasn't written one, he should. He always writes about the good stuff, and he is a very talented writer.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
I want to, does that count.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
" . . . but guys like Rothaar and the Eberharts who get it done while competing with other hunters are the real deal."  I wish I could get my old friend Jerry Simmons to join us on here.  He's hands down the most impressive whitetail archer and woodsman I've ever known, although not that well known to the masses (He invented the Simmons Sharks broadheads).  Go to a big deer expo where companies like Mossy Oak are set up and mention his name.  They will almost always shout out "He's the REAL DEAL!"
Gary Logsdon

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
BUFF wrote Buff's Balck Widow Campfire Tales". It is a short but good read. It is also on sale right now at 3Rivers for $8.00. Here is a link:   http://www.3riversarchery.com/Books+DVD%27s+General+Bowhunting+Buff%27s+Blackwidow++Camp+Fire+Tales+By+Marty+Thomas_c42_s18_p46_i8908_product.html

Bisch

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
I wrote a book but could not get it published. Writing a book is easy compared to getting it published. Most publishers do not even read books from new authors.
John

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
I didn't write a whole book but did do a chapter for TBB 4.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
I am the co-author of The Sportsman's Seasons. Go to the website to get a free book in PDF format.

www.thesportsmansseasons.com
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Tom Kidwell wrote "Just another old Bowhunter"

An excellent read.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
Join a State Bowhunting Organization, and write an article for them.  That way you can say you are a published author.  There is a wealth of untapped knowledge out there, and it is a waste letting it go unused.  I enjoy writing articles for the Michigan Longbow Association's Sticktalk, and I'm especially glad to have a good Editor that can correct my grammer.

My 7 year old just wrote an article, for the summer edition, about his first deer hunting/chipmunk watching expedition.  Best part of the whole thing is that when he got done writing the article and I got it all typed up for him to email to our editor, he told me he is now going to be famous.  

So in reality, all you have to do is look at it thru a kids eyes, and everything looks a whole lot brighter.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Dave Petersen worte 'A Man Made of Elk' & the very, very excellent 'On the Wild Edge'
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
Paul Brunner hasn't posted in a while but has written some books.
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline Aunty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »
Yea Paul has written Two books that i know of one is a cooking book Wild wonderful and fun wild game cookery. and the other is Tree stand hunting. i have both of them i love his writing very simple to understand like he is telling you what to do when you read it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©