3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stickflingers, last week...rookies, big bears, and bloody arras.  (Read 5598 times)

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stickflingers, last week...rookies, big bears, and bloody arras.
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by steadman:
. . . . Mike I know that mouse will go B&C     :)    
I just imagined the looks on my kids' faces at the sight of a hero pic with the giant mouse.  That would no doubt scar them for life.     :laughing:

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Mike...you forgot "from ground level"!

If Mike falls out of a tree and no-one is around to hear....does it make a noise???

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
I forgot about that Ry. You better keep him on the ground   :)  I am really looking forward to the pics and stories this year as no one I know drew a tag this year. Man I miss baiting and hunting bear. You need any help Ry?  :)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Gonna hang my Lone Wolf 7 foot off the ground. Any bear not eye-level with my little piggies will get a pass...and if I fall it wouldn't be so bad. Been there, done that, got the T shirt  :)  

I too can't wait for the stories from Ry's camp. All kidding aside, he is the hardest working hunter/guide I know. You can't bottle his energy or it'd be illegal. Just got my next big idea for millions...Stickflinger's energy drink. A booner bear in every bottle   :archer2:
Mike Davenport

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Manitoba Stickflinger:
Mike...you forgot "from ground level"!

If Mike falls out of a tree and no-one is around to hear....does it make a noise???
:laughing:  

Oh you went there, eh?  Im proud of ya Ryan.  Never let someone's injury stop ya from poking a little fun.  Laughter  IS  the best medicine.

At least when Mike gets injured and decides to go lefty and sell all his pretty bows... he calls me first.   :D  

BTW, when he switches back to righty... he calls me even quicker.  "[dntthnk]"
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
Sad but true BS, sad but true...I am just glad you felt enough pity to keep my favorite bow for me to buy back. Having a friend with deep pockets is a good thing, eh?

It is gonna kill me knowing you're making the drive to Ryanland without me this spring. Try to kill a bear that is not the ugliest in camp this time will you   :p
Mike Davenport

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
And Mike strikes back to Big Sexy...who's dishing it out next!

You're right Mike about deep pockets, but more than that it's BS's insane Trad bow addiction that makes him even more love-able. He's bringing up a truckload for me to shoot this year. Sorry you won't be there to test drive them all and watch BS put one to good use.

We have to talk more about marketing that energy drink! LOL...Ry

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
The first time I met BS his wife was there and got asked "How many bows do YOU own?" by Mrs. BS. When I told her 3 she rolled her eyes and said "Is that all?" I kinda figured she was married to a bow addict, then I got a tour of the "bow room" by BS. It dawned on me that the Fred Bear museum ain't got nothin' on Big Sexy  :)

I am just thankful to have him as a friend...otherwise I'd be bow-less right now! I made up for it last week by feeding him my last piece of elk backstrap   :archer:
Mike Davenport

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
That was the first elk I have ever eaten and I must say Mike did a fine job cooking that backstrap.  But Mike has a sheep hunt on the horizon and I have not yet tried wild sheep either.  :readit:  

Ryan, we'll have to talk and figure out what I am gonna bring up to play with.  I started thinking that if I bring up too many, your ever vigilant border folks may climb further up my alimentary canal   :eek:  figuring I was going into the bow selling business.
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:00 AM »
I can tell you, the finest meal you will ever eat is sheep ribs cooked over an alder fire at the base of the mountain.  You have worked so hard, you literally lick your fingers to get all the fat and juices off, every last drip!

Make sure to take a packet of dry Terriaki marinade along in your pack for good luck (now I know why I did not get my Bighorn    :knothead: ). The second best meal I have ever eaten was the tenderloins I was able to cut up and put in the baggie before I collapsed in the tent.  GREAT with a side of mac&cheese in fly camp!

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2012, 07:04:00 AM »
Congrats Mike! What a bear! Awesome story,too.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Jim, thanks! In less than 10 days I will be on Florida time hunting Osceolas with you. Simply can't wait my friend   :readit:  

BS, you're welcome at my table for any ungulate (or fowl for that matter) whose flesh I am preparing   :archer:
Mike Davenport

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©