3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One bow - tell Us about it  (Read 981 times)

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: One bow - tell Us about it
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Well, I just got it and haven't killed anything but time. My new Steve Abbott longbow is the only one I currently have and will probably have for a while. It fits me pretty dang good too!

Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
I thought I had found the perfect bow for me in a Border Black Douglass until I took a Rod Jenkins clinic. He changed my grip and draw so much that I've dropped 10 pounds a stumbled on the Kanati.
I've now got a 58" 43@28 that I'm pulling to 29.5 that is shooting just where I look out to 35-40 yards. I keep looking at the classifieds and haven't seen anything that even raised an eyebrow in months. So, yeah. I think this is the one.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »
So far my Silvertip TD,62"-51#@29". But I have 2 new short recurves coming , and a 62" on order.have to keep on trying. You just never know ???   :dunno:

Offline barredfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 06:43:00 AM »
Two Rose Oak King Panthers.....46# and 47#.  Both "fit" well just like when a wallet fits your backside.

Jerry

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
35 years of bow shooting, collecting etc., and STILL looking for "The One".

I hope I never find it...LOL!!!!!

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 07:37:00 AM »
Had a recurve for 12 years then two big name longbows for the next 3 years.Last year a Kanati longbow fell into my hands.Liked it so much ordered another,end of story.

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
Schafer Silvertip all day, every day   :saywhat:
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
Martin "Bushmaster"  it just shoots where I look.....  Thanks Larry...
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
I don't know if there is just one bow - I sure hope not! Right now my Wesly Special is , well very special. However, I own several other longbows and inted to own more. The quest is more fun than the end achievement in my mind.
Sam

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
There can be only one!  Wes Wallace Royals for both the wife and I.  Hers is 66" - 40 lb @ 28 inches.  Mine is 68" - 50 lb @ 28 inches. I draw 30 + inches so I am shooting around 55 lbs.  Both bows are smooth, quiet, and throw an arrow really well.

My daughters one bow is a Fox Archery Breed recurve. 54 inch - 48 @ 28"  She has a short draw so is shooting 40 lbs @ her draw length.  

Now the upside to shooting only one bow from one bowyer is that there are so many wood choices and each of the bows I own shoots exactly the same as my others.  So I guess you can say all three of my royals are my one bow!
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
I have Black Widows, Tall Tines and a really nice new Shrew Carbon CH, but I do have this one bow that has been in my family since it was purchased new and it is a left handed (appropriately) Bear Kodiak triple sixty. 1960, 60"AMO, 60#,in original finish but looks almost new with no stress. I try to make a point to take at least one deer with it a year.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
I have two, a recurve and a longbow.
The recurve is a Great Plains SR Swift 46#@28", smooth and quiet.
My longbow, which is getting the most attention at the moment is a Shrew Classic Hunter, 48#@28".
I guess it depends on what I'm doing at the moment which one goes out the door.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Well, I had one, an Adcock non-acs takedown longbow. It was 68", 63#@ 31", and was has good a bow as I have ever shot.  Unfortunately, it died.  I need to build or have some new limbs built for it.

Currently, I'm using a Hill Halfbreed exclusively.  I've taken a couple of coyotes and a dozen squirrels with it.

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
I have shot lots of bows and i always go back to my MOAB. so im having another one being built.The only person getting my favorite bow is my son and its going to be a while.Now the one being built is going to be different pictures to follow maybe next month.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
I have a Sarrels Blueridge 3pc takedown longbow that is my go-to bow. It has killed a lot of critters... enough that I named her "The Black Plague" ( she has black glass limbs). The name kinda came about by accident. I was going through a real good (and lucky) streak where I was knocking the animals down and a buddy of mine was telling another guy that "Bisch has killed more animals with that bow lately than the Black Plague". I thought that was cool so I had Mr Sarrels put that mane on the upper limb.

Bisch

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
right now its a Bear green stripe with RER limbs.  been shooitng it exclusively since last October.  It has "Fred's" grip and no matter what it seems to hit exaclty where I want it to within reason.  Feels so fluid in my hands and so natural when I point it kinda like that perfect Shotgun you've had forever.  It is the only bow in 6 years that has ever taken a squirrel down for me, although I did miss a buck with it from the ground at spitting distance (ducked).  Love this bow and am serioulsy considering ordering 55# limbs for it as well.
proud member of
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Self Bow Society
Leedey Archery Association
PBS
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
For the last 5 years my son and I have been using our ACS CX's. Oh I have bought other bows in the meantime; but they quickly get sold or just hang on the rack.
Once you hit on 'the one' buying bows just becomes futile. But you gotta' buy something-so an identical is as far as it goes!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
I have several bows that I feel are hunt-able and that I have  confidence in.But lately I have found that I really shoot my Chad Holm's Osprey pretty well. After doing this since 1968 I still have yet to take a big game animal, I still think this bow fits me as well as any. At 62" 52# @ 30" [I draw just over 29"] I feel I can hunt just about anything with this bow. Going for Elk at the end of August.........Maybe this bow will change my luck!!   :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
My favorite and the one I shoot all the time is a Blacktail Elite TD, 64" and 54# @ 28".  I have another Blacktail on order.  I can find nothing about this bow I don't like.  I shoot much better if I stick with one bow, otherwise I have a Dale Dye TD and McCullough 59'er that would get more exercise.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
I would like to be a one bow man,I have simply too many favourites.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©