3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Sitka Gear Catalog  (Read 305 times)

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
New Sitka Gear Catalog
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
The new catalog can be seen at the website. For those interested go to Sitka Mountain Gear in the sponsors and click on info.

Offline shedhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Sitka Gear Catalog
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
very cool

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
I got to handle all the new pieces doing shows this winter.  I can't wait to get my Fanatic Jacket next week.  It is going to make for a cozy warm November    :thumbsup:

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Steve, I ordered the Fanatic bibs. Let me know how you like the jacket. I almost pulled the trigger on the jacket, but wanted someone to test the zipper design. I know I would love the hand warmer pocket and the shell was very quiet.

Shedhunter/Ron, You know you want a Jetstream jacket!!  :)

Offline mlmealey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
Guys, you have to have the new Fanatic jacket and bibs there the real deal. Stika is always on the cutting edge in bringing new products to the front for bowhunters.
IBA life member
PBS regular member
Compton TB member

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
The catalog is very cool and worth your time to peruse.  I, too, ordered the Fanatic bibs and several other items.  

I also need to put in a good word for the '10 addition of the Kelvin Jacket and Pant.  Talk about toasty layer of insulation without weight...it is the favorite of myself and my hunting partner.

And I've got to believe the Merino line, plus the Traverse Hoodie, are going to be big hits.

The other thing I love about the Sitka catalog?  The photos simply inspire me.

http://www.sitkagear.com/Products.aspx  

And then click on INFO
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline shedhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
gotta look at that one?

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:00 AM »
Toasty? Is the new sitka stuff actually warm? Dont get me wrong, I have some sitka and it is nice and very comfy, but the stuff I have was advertised as being as warm as wool when I bought it and it is worthless in really cold weather.
BD

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 02:16:00 AM »
BD...IMO the early Sitka stuff was not warm enough for cold-weather whitetail (stand) hunting.  I think this is largely due to the founders' emphasis on the active, mountain hunting that dominates elk, sheep, and similar hunts...with their intervals of inactivity being shorter in duration and preceded by more heat-producing action.  And I do think some people handle cold far better than others (I do not handle it well).

The Celsius line was a step in the right direction, as Sitka began to really attend to the needs of stand hunters too.  It met the needs of some, but not for those that get cold easily like me.  But give them credit, they listened to hunters who said, "Hey, this is still not enough insulation for stand hunting where one remains motionless for hours."

They solved that issue, IMO, with the Kelvin layers.  These kind of have the feel or look of goose-down, but compact much smaller and re-loft with no problems or cold spots, are extremely light, and far warmer IMO than down.  I really believe if you've already got some kind of Sitka outer layer (I'm guessing Celsius or 90%), that if you wear some kind of next-to-skin base layer (merino or otherwise) and then put the Kelvin layer in-between, you WILL be toasty in cold weather.  The outer fabric is kind of slick, which makes it layer or slide under an outside jacket/pants great.  It won't catch or bind, which makes it perfect for that next-to-last layer in extreme cold.  And it makes drawing a bow easy.

Kelvin was a 2010 introduction I think, and I've not yet talked to anyone who bought it that didn't LOVE it for what it's intended.  (Note, it does have minimum pockets and a slight bit of sheen...because it's not designed as outer wear.  That said, my hunting partner absolutely freezes even in 40-50 degree temps.  She wears one of my two Kelvin jackets even in mild weather as an outer jacket and never gets busted).  

I'd urge you to consider the Kelvin layer of insulation.  They are also IMO the most reasonably-priced items on the entire Sitka lineup for what you get.  I'd also think they'd be perfect for skiing.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Sure wish they'd make the stuff in bigger and taller sizes!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by fireman_3311:
I agree. I did see the new bibs in tall size but not the jacket.
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by RUSTY1:

Originally posted by fireman_3311:
I agree. I did see the new bibs in tall size but not the jacket. [/b]
Good to know!!  Maybe they'll expand the "mansize" line...LOL!!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©