3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Homework assignment on bow noise - get your video out  (Read 307 times)

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
Homework assignment on bow noise - get your video out
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Last night I took some video with my digital camera of me shooting my new bow along with a couple of others to compare.  This camera has sound and the first thing I noticed that pretty much they all sounded about the same, though I think one is still a little noisier to my ear.  Maybe cuz it is the cheesy little microphone on the camera, but all I hear is "whisk" on release and a "thunk" in the target.  While playing with the video, trying to freeze frame it to look at form, I noticed that the major noise from the shot is the string sliding off my glove.  In some shots, you hear the sound before the string has cleared the finger tips.  Maybe the microphone is only picking up the higher pitch of the release and not the lower frequency of the vibration of the bow, but some of you with real video equipment out there, give it a try.  See if you can isolate the noise.  It is really crazy.  I'm going to try some video from the target to try and hear sound, plus may try a tab and bare fingers to see if I hear any difference.  Interesting...now go do your homework!  Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©