3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dynamic Calculator  (Read 251 times)

Offline PatriarchArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Dynamic Calculator
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
I want to use the dynamic calculator that has been talked about on this site. I need to know how the following bows windows are cut so I can enter the right info into the calculator. Can anyone help me with...

- A MOAB
- A Hill Cheetah

Thanks!
60" MOAB 55# @ 27"
CE Predator II

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.             1 Corinthians 10:31

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dynamic Calculator
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:24:00 AM »
If you'll download the instructions posted with Stu's calculator he's got a real easy method for measuring your center cut dimension in there.  Good luck.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
It would be easier for you to call the manufacturers of your bows and ask them for the center cut information. This way, the info comes straight from the horse's mouth.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
Go here and click on the bow and it will tell you. all recurvers are cut 3/16 past center except the PCH and it is cut 1/8
  http://www.blackwidowbows.com/forum/threadsx.cfm
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
don't forget to add strike plate thickness in your calculations.

bow cut -3/16
strike  +1/8
equals center cut of -1/16
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
It is best to set up the bow and find the center then put an arrow on and measure from that center to the face of the shaft.  Custom bows will be just that and vary some on center cut per the buyer's requirements for the bow. Some boyers keep that detailed of info and some don't.  I have seen three different center cuts on three different MOABs I have had.  Strike plate materials very in thickness.  Even the BW bows with their CNC center cut have different strike plates.  BW strike plates very a little with a couple different materials and some have the little bump under them making for up to 1/6" different thickness on two bows I had.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©