3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: cat quiver question,help me out.  (Read 783 times)

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
cat quiver question,help me out.
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
Ive thought about a cat quiver for awhile now.I do hunt a lot from a treestand .Wont be doing much overnight most day hunts.What do you guys who use them like,Catquiver II or III? Also,is it easy to draw arrows from? How hard is it to put them back in qiuver? Appreciate all comments. Thanks, Mike

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: cat quiver question,help me out.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:05:00 AM »
I used one on and off for years and they are a great quiver . Very versatile and lets you carry gear and arrow removal is so quiet and quick .
They are a really great item . I have a Cat Quiver 1 and also a Cat Quiver 111.

Having said that my Safarituff Arrowmaster is my go to for just about everything . All the pluses with non of the cons .
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:03:00 AM »
I use a catquiver "mini" for tree stand hunts.  Just hang it up off the harness tether via a small snap link, works great.
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline L. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:31:00 AM »
I have one of each model and 2 of the mini, which I have used the most. It carries plenty of arrows and is very manuverable around your body when still hunting and trying to get through brush. With all that said, I sure would like to try out a Safarituff, they look really good to!
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
I also have had some experience with them...used a CQ-I for two seasons and a CQ-III for two seasons.  

I found them to be marginally handy and also expereinced a "creaking" noise where the expansion tubes were crimped into position by a fitting.

Seemed like a great idea to me at the time but now I would never go back...a combination of side quiver and haversack is way betta, imo!

Will be giving a back quiver and a Bisongear Houndsman a try this year...

Offline scedvm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
I use the Catquiver 1 for elk hunting.  Getting an arrow out is a piece of cake, putting it back in a lot more difficult.  Also impossible to sit and take a little rest without taking the quiver off.  It does have a great secure fit however and is very quiet to where if you have to take off running down a ridge to cut some gap between you and a hesitant bull it is the best quiver available for those of us that don't like bow quivers in my opinion.

Offline smilinicon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
Use the Catquiver Lite with quality webgear of your choice. Can easily be attached to the side of a backpack also.

Offline manfromthepast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
I primarily use the mini attached to a backpack on extended hunts or when I don't need a daypack.  I sometimes use a II or III depending upon space required.  The "creaking" noted in the post above by TVD can be alleviated by the application of a little bit of teflon plumbers paste to those wedge fittings before tightening them.

Offline Benoli

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
I have and use a catquiver and like it. There is some creaking but felt tape here and there easily adressed the issue. Other wise I like it very much. One word of caution, the first time I used it I cut by finger on one of the broadheads. It's never happened since.
One stick, one string and an arrow I'll fling!

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
I've always done day hunts and find that the Cat II works very nice for me.I'm able to keep my field dressing stuff, 2 knives, rubber gloves,T.P., Deer drag, tag holder and ball point pen. I also carry the following in my Cat II. A bow hook,Small EZ Hanger and 1 tree step, folding pruning saw, ratchet pruners, LED head lamp and a LED mini Mag light,1 quart water bottle and a couple deer calls and a small first aid kit and a Motorola Talk About radio in case I'm hunting with other friends.During early season hunts I attach my Therma Cell.Since I hunt on the ground 99% of the time I also attach my Torges seat.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
Thanks guys for all your advice.I guess they are all good for diffrent use.I need to hash out my hunting needs and figure what i want.Thanks again.
Mike

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
I have had one hanging in my garage forva couple years. Let me know if you want one cheap
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
I have a CQ2 and CQ3 (I think those are the numbers).  I really like 'em, especially when it's wet or damp out as the fletchings are totally protected.  With a little practice the removal of arrows and putting them back in was a piece of cake.  A little problematic if your other arrow (judo, etc.) was a different overall length than your broadheads, but there are a couple easy ways to solve that issue.  

I generally have four quiver scenarios--mountain type hunts where I want the quiver on my bow so my pack can function as designed, fair-weather hunts, those times when I want a leather back quiver for the mojo involved, and the wet-weather hunts (which is when I turn to the CQ).

They are good items to have, and in my experience, customer service was great (I've had the one since '88 and needed some repair at one point).  They had a big fire here a couple years ago (?) so hope they're up and rolling again.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Legends, tried the legends bows.com addee and got it back three times
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
Roadkill,Thats my website,not my email.I sent you a pm.

Offline BSBD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »
I have a CQ mini and a 6.5. The mini is great to strap on any pack but I use the 6.5 a lot.

The 6.5 has the quiver on the side and is much easier to pull arrows out of and easier to replace them. Also no problem sitting with the quiver on the side.

Mine has been on 3 elk hunts and it's very quiet, still in like new condition.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
BSBD I looked at those on thier wesite,i have a badlands now and like it.It kinda reminds me of that with the quiver.

Offline Birdbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
Mike,
  Just a thought - I've used various Catquivers and like their utility. I'm uneasy though about arrow security if I take a fall, slip, etc. The flexibility of the unit and sharp broadheads pointed down at the back of my legs has given me pause. Like I said, just a thought. Best, Todd
Unadulterated truth is not pablum.

A simplification of means and an elevation of ends is the goal. Antoine de St.-Exupery

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
SAFTY  COULD BE A ISSUE.ANYONE  HAD ANY CLOSE CALLS OR ACCIDENT?

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
As safe or safer than any other back quiver.. I've rolled down a couple of hills and slid down more than a couple of slopes with mine on and the only thing hurt was my pride and a couple of bent aluminum arrows..
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©