3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your experience with Kanati Angle Bow Quiver  (Read 700 times)

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
Your experience with Kanati Angle Bow Quiver
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
In my search for the bow quiver that I want to put on my BW longbow, I am considering the Kanati angle strap-on.  Can you share your experience?  It looks great, and appears to be a good one, per their website.

Does it mount solidly on the bow?
Is it quiet?
Is it mechanically durable?  (Are snaps/knobs/stitchings, etc. holding up?)
Has it affected your bow performance?

Any other pros or cons?

Thanks,
Archie
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your experience with Kanati Angle Bow Quiver
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
It was the best bowquiver I ever used. I have no "cons" and all the things you look for in a bowquiver are there.

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Been looking at them and Big Jims quivers so will keep an eye on this.

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
I have the 6 arrow angle strap on. The only thing I don't like is the size of the hood. It is larger than the hoods on my other quivers and just doesn't blend in to well on my longbows. I know that is just a personal thing. Overall it is a well built, quality quiver. Great people to deal with also.
bolong

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
I picked up a Slim Jim Model and I'll never go back to back quivers for hunting.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Online Phillip Fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
I have a 4-arrow angle strap on with the shaft rider attachment for carrying a 5th arrow, on my ACS. The quiver is very solidly made and is quiet on my bow. With the shaft rider addition I carry 4 broadheads and a judo point. I did a horseback elk hunt in Sept and the quiver performed flawlessly. I used a NEET strung recurve case with the pocket on the outside of it. We strapped the case on the horse like a scabbard and when we were riding I  merely undid the Thumbscrews and slid the bow in the case and the detached quiver into the pocket.
Keep em Sharp!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
I've used a number of Kinati quivers on different bows and have always found john's quivers and service top quality. Right now i have an Anneewakee Addiction bow from him with one of his new slim Jim Quivers (3 broadheads and one rider carried hexblunt) what I've been looking for all along. That way i carry on my bow (even during 3-D season) exactly what I hunt with (and carry my 3D arrows of the same weight in a hip or back quiver for 3D and stump shooting). I love everything about it, including the slim profile. give John (Dill) a call, I can't imagine you'll ever be sorry, no matter which model you settle on.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
I have a Kanati Angle Bow Quiver on my Tall Tines recurve, but mine is secured with limb bolts.  Nice quiver is all respects.
Gary Logsdon

Offline rooster77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
I have one on my kanati Long bow and works very well. I like the added weight it has. Also excellent service from John.     Randy....
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us.  "Lonesome Dove"

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
Have one on my SA3.  It's actually supposed to be on my Firefly, but I loved it so much I called up John and got another set of mounting straps so I can swap it between them effortlessly.

Hands down my favorite quiver.  Just enough weight to be strong as a rock without weighing down the bow like one.  John's a stand up guy to deal with also.  

They're hard to find used, so that's got to tell ya something.  

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Support the sport!

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
I have 2 of 'em, both on 3 piece recurves, a Predator and a BW SA, both attached with riser insert bolts. Rock solid, and the quivers are too!! John Dill is a stand-up guy.

Had a couple strap-on quivers in the past,(great northern and a boa, I believe), and wasn't impressed. Now, Kanati's are probably better, but I prefer bolt-ons.JMO

I'm thinking any quiver is going to affect "performance" on most bows, you just have to tune your bow and arrows with the quiver attached.

Is it mechanically durable? (Are snaps/knobs/stitchings, etc. holding up?)

I know from experience that any issues with the Kanati will be quickly and professionally dealt with by John himself, even if it means he has to pull over and take notes!  :)
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
everything everyone said is spot on about the kanati quiver. it doesnt matter what model it is. all are top quality. when you call john to order your new kanati quiver, you need to specify what arrows you are shooting . if you are shooting beman classic 500 or easton axis 500, they are a touch smaller. you will need the smaller gripper. just a fyi. you will probably end purchasing more then one from john. most of us have. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  It's hard to argue against so many positive responses.  I appreciate the input!

Archie

Offline traditional beagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
Tried a few different ones. The Kanati 4 arrow strap on angle quiver on my 3 piece longbow is my favorite. Lighter than some and I can't notice any difference in my bow preformance.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Don't know if it's available yet but I saw the new and improved strap attachment system about two weeks ago while shooting with John. Real slick. I own more kanati quivers than John Dill. I perfer the angle to the rest. I think I have the very first prototype angle quiver. Get one or 20. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
I just used a Kanati angle quiver on my bear hunt. It performed just fine, no complaints at all.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
I have an angle with the new strap system and it works very well ( and i even have it on incorrectly, directions not included !!) I have it on a Bear  A Mag ....super solid and quiet.  I have nothing bad to say about Anneewakee and John and I have 9 of 'em.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
I love the Kanati Angle too!!!!  :D    ;)  

Thanks everyone for your support!!!

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
John, it sounds like you've got a good product!

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
I just got one that Deerspotter had here for sale in the classifieds and wonder if that is the new strap you are talking about? John I was the one that called you Monday about the bent bracket under the hood that got bent at a 45 degree angle from the Maillady Graemlin...I did get it straightened out and looks good and solid ...I may still order another with just the hood and bracket at a later date...All I can say is WOW i really like your quality work you put into those quivers...It's going to look nice on my "Ugly Hoots" recurve Lee made me...I needed that quiver to make it look good...    :rolleyes:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©