3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW 2 BLADE HEAD in the Works!  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Tomas

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW 2 BLADE HEAD in the Works!
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
Is there any chance they would be making a 150gr. two blade?

Online graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
price of 3 of them????

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
I have a friend who got a template and a 125 Elite measured 15/16's making the head illegal in a state or providence that has a minimum of 1 inch.  If you have an older 3 Rivers catalog you'll see that all heads were supposed to be 1 1/8 inch.  Newer catalogs have the 100 grain head at 1 inch.  Sharpen that head and you have another illegal head.

Im my collection I have an old head from when they first came out and it fits through a 1 inch key ring.

Unlikely to get caught, but shooting that head could cost you your membership in a local archery club, state organization, Compton, PBS ect.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
GOOD INFO!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
The weights look to be more versatile than Abowyer offers in a screw in so I am defineatly interested. If they don't come sharp I do hope they still have a precise edge on them. That will at least save half the work.
Bowmania I have measured the cutting diameter of the 125gr Woodsman elites and everyone is indeed 1 1/8". Are you measuring blade to blade or the diameter of the blade? Mine will not fit through a 1 in hole. The Trailmaker from Kustom King is also at the advertised dimension.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
I think that problem has been addressed but this thread is about the new 2 blades that are 1 1/8" wide.

Great looking heads.I expect,or at least hope,they will later offer some heavy glue ons.

I always thought that offering heads hunting sharp was over rated.I need to shoot some anyway,in tuning.Those will need to be resharpened so you are paying for sharpening,at least on those,that you didn't need.

The buyer is paying for that final sharpening.It should hold down on the cost some to not have them hunt ready sharpened.I suspect the KME would make short work of these heads.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
I think the advantage of offering them sharp it that it is easy to keep a head sharp. Establishing the initial edge is laborous for the unexperienced. Its always easier to just make touch ups to an existing edge.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
I agree Jim.  Personally, factory "pre-sharping" isn't an advantage to me since I always reburr the edges and finish with my own preferred cutting edge anyway. It's not only a personal preference but has to do with personal satisfaction.  On the other hand some guys like to mount them up and get in the woods a little sooner!
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I just spoke with Ray at VPA and think I have answers to most of your current questions.  In the interest of accurate info I'll just relay exactly what he told me:

"There will be a 150.  We ran one and wanted to change the design a little.   Possibly a 125.  

At this time the 250 length is the longest we can go without running into machining problems.  So if we make a 300 it will have to be the length of the 250 with even thicker blades....doubles as a wood splitting awl in hunting camp.

Larger diameters are out for now due to cost.  We will custom make them if someone wants to buy 100 packs. Serious inquires can contact me with specifics for a quote.

They will be sharpened after coating as are the Terminators.  "Hunting sharp" is subjective. Terminator sharpness has long been a debate.    The sharpening angle is much finer than the 30 deg of the Terminator so they will "feel" sharper than the Terminators out of the package. The end user will likely agree that the final or resharpening requires less time and effort than the Terminators because of the angle.

Prices for now will be the same as the Terminators.  They are made of the same material stock and require the same amount of machining time.  The initial sharping process after coating actually requires a little more labor time for which we are working on fixturing to improve. The first run is planned to be $39.95/3 for the 150s and 175s and $41.95/3 for the 200s and 250s."

That's what I know for now everyone.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Stoutstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
These will be something I would consider if they are out in time for hunting season.

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
wow those are good looking heads

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the information Gary !!! Looking forward to seeing these in person.

Bill

Online graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
thanks gary

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
The 150 seals the deal for me and it sounds like they'll have a ready to be honed edge. $40 for a one piece screw in head is a great value as well. Can't wait to get my hands on some, thanks for the update Gary.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »
looks good will there be any heads at ETAR this year if so where should I expect to look for them. I was just looking at the 3 blades but I really like the looks of them in the 2 blade. really fair price looks like a quality head, hopefully a 125 grain!!!!
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »
If they are even half as tough of a broadhead as the terminator then VPA will have a great broadhead for 2 blade fans.
James Kerr

Online azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
I want to purchase 6 of the 200 grain, so if there ends up being a way to get on a list for some out of the first batch they have to sell or if they would allow to prepay for them and then ship when they are ready I would be glad to do that. Got an elk hunt coming up and that head is just what I am looking for.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
Try this address Mark: [email protected]  Ray should be able to get you set up in time for your elk hunt.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Anyone wanting to be on a list can email VPA here: [email protected]. That would actually help them plan the run.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
Yep, I want to be on the list.   I hope they are out by Sept.  40 bucks for 3 is a good deal on a heavy head like this.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©