3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bama Twisters and The Twister Twelve  (Read 4799 times)

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bama Twisters and The Twister Twelve
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Hey all I just wanted to start by saying what a great time I had at this years Auction!  Between Poundcake (yeah MK, LLC!),TGMM, Turkey Calls, and of course the Bama Twisters it was my most exciting St. Jude's Auction to date!  My most sincere thanks go out to the Twisters for all the hard work they are putting in with the making of the knives and sheaths, and also to the rest of the gang that bid on these fine works of art that the Twisters created.  It was truly a pleasure to participate in this with you all.

On a final note I know all are busy (bear hunting, working, etc...) but are there any updates on knives in the works...I just miss seeing pictures of the great forging and finished products that were being put up in the auction post.  I am certainly not trying to pressure ANYONE, but if there are any pics floating around of the progress being made I'd love to see some!  If not, that is okay too.

Thanks again to all involved.

Travis House
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bama Twisters and The Twister Twelve
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
Yep that was fun.  Looking forward to seeing what comes out of the meeting of the well forged minds.
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
As am I Zeke!

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
Where are the rest of you...?

Travis

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 02:13:00 AM »
Were here just been busy,it was fun thanks for collaborating with us,Doc on a bear hunt don't know about the others.Just wanted to say thanks for helping the kids.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 03:34:00 AM »
Hey Guys, i am deployed again but i keep my eyes on the gang.  I am going through with drawls after the auction.   Seems i am always hitting refresh.  

I am over joyed at the response we received on the Bama Twister and the overall outcome of the auction.  I know i am only one of many but i am proud of all of us who have put so much energy into St Judes.  Not sure i have ever said it but i am thankfull to all of the guys who have worked hard behind the scenes.   You guys are incredible.  

OH yeah, one last thing.  I heard a rumor today that some more knifes were forged recently for the Twister 12.  I bet with a little coaxing you guys could get some pictures !!

Thanks for starting this Travis !
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
Well, I don't hve any pictures, but I CAN confirm that another 3 blades were forged out on Wednesday & the final blade will be done on Sunday. There is still some grinding & heat treating to do & they'll be on their way to Wisconsin for handles, before turning around for Florida. I'll be able to get them up to Mr. Whip on Tuesday. I was supposed to take them up to Comptons, but unfortunately The Wife thought I should spend at least some time helping with the business before galivanting of to enjoy m'self (again!)  :goldtooth:
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Excellent news Rob, thanks for the update.  Really looking forward to some picks of these knives all together.  Maybe Whip could post a few when he gets some handles put on 'em, and then some gator sheaths...man is it ever going to be worth the wait!

Travis

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
I'm at Compton this week - spent this evening visiting with fellow Twister Rob, Skyler, & Kenny along with a bunch of other Trad Gnager.  Before heading over here I finished up the scales on one more Twister blade and put scales on two others.  Rob will send up three more next week.  

Jeff should be heading home from bear camp tomorrow.  We'll be back in full production next week.  I'll get some more pictures added soon.     :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
Sounds good.  Thanks for the update Whip.

Travis

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Just got Larry on a plane back to Florida...along with two of my five knives for the Twisters.  Actually there is now an additonal Twister/Forger as I got to teach Larry how to forge up his own Twister  :)   We finished it with ten minutes to spare before leaving for his plane.  Didn't even get to take a picture....tippit

PS: Larry & I did get our Bears too!
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
Not surprised you and Larry scored  :bigsmyl:  

The "Tomatoe Blade" showed up on Wednesday. Left for Compton on Thursday and got back today. Will get her scaled up and sent off ASAP.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
Sounds awesome guys!  

Can't wait to see the beauty that rose from the rubble of the tornados out yonder and raised a bunch of money for the kids.

Y'all are the cream or the crop...

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »
This is excellent news.  Congrats on the bears Doc and Larry, how about some photos of those bruins.

Travis

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline Larry Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 03:00:00 AM »
Just arrived home.  Saw this thread and thought I'd post pics of what I have so far.

The top one is the twister with its sheath.  The other 2 are what I brought home from Jeff's to make up sheaths.

This next pic is the one that Jeff helped with forging today.  I received a lot of help on this one from the master!  Thanks Jeff!

p.s.  Benjy, if you read this I received the gator hide.  Thank you my friend as I'll be able to finish up several more sheaths for the Twister sisters!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »
If you look real closely at Larry's knife, you'll notice my stamp with the arrow going up.  That's Larry's New Touch Mark  :)  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Beautiful stuff guys, man I'm excited to see the end results!

I have always loved the simplicity of a 550 cord wrapped blade.  Thy just scream utilitarian...

I had a very nice fighting knife when in the service that was cord wrapped that I paid a month's pay for but it was stolen from my truck before I got deployed with it.

Congrats on the bears guys, that is awesome!

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Let's try to keep this on the front page.

Travis

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
The Twister thread on the St Jude auction was action packed and there are some very talented and generous folks that made it all happen. I wish I would of had Jack Guard selling for me when I was in the box business, that boy has some energy. Great job all ... For the Kids    :thumbsup:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
It was a blast.  Can't wait to see all the blades this group put together.  All of them are artists and philanthropists, just a great group of guys.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©