3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: kohannah bows  (Read 426 times)

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
kohannah bows
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
I am new to shooting the longbow after years of shooting a compound and I was looking at Kohannah bowyer for a potential new bow. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this bowyer. Any insight would be helpful. The one problem I am running into is my long draw length of 31.5" and finding a longbow that does not stack.

Offline smilinicon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: kohannah bows
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
Bob R. makes a great bow. Call him up and ask about the draw length.

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
I have one of Bob's Kurves and love it. He is a good guy to deal with and is very willing to help. Give him a call, you won't be sorry.  :thumbsup:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
I draw 29+", I had a Kohannah Elite 3 pc. longbow that was an excellent shooter and fit and finish was very good. I dropped down in poundage or I would still have it! Oh yea.....mine was 66" long!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Dave Thaxton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »
I agree with smilinicon. Bob does make a great bow at a very reasonable price. I have 2 now and have had 2 others I wish I still owned. My draw is 29.5 so afraid I can't help you there...call Bob about your draw lenght.
64"55@28 Kohannah Flatbow
60"53@28 Robertson Peregrine
68"45@28 Howard Hill Redman

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
KIRK RUSSELL!(well it's close) Welcome to Trad Gang just the same.
Just a quick question for you. Is that 31.5" draw length with a compound or a traditional bow? It will be different between the two. Good luck and enjoy. Bob's bows are real good,you will be happy with your choice,
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
Bob makes a great bow and his prices are very reasonable as well. I wouldn't hestitate to use him as a bowyer.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
I agree with Two Tracks about your draw length.  There definitely should be a difference between your draw length on a compound versus a trad bow.  Kohannah have a great reputation.  You wno't go wrong with this choice.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
I just won a Kohannah in the St. Judes auction. Very pleased with it. Shoots great and I have a 31" draw. I think I like it better than my Bear Super K. Nice looker too.
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline Osage61

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
I own a fantastic Osage longbow from Bob and a kid's longbow also of Osage made for my boy. Great guy to deal with and his workmanship is very good. I have received lots of comments about my bow; shoots smoothly and accurately (in the right hands   :goldtooth:
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Pro Pelle Cutem"-HBC

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
The 31.5 draw length is what was measured at the local traditional shop when i tried a few of the longbows there. While I liked what they had to offer they mostly had shorter bows which wanted to stack on me.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
My first custom longbow was a Kohannah Windwalker. 66", 53# @ 29". Kick myself everyday wishing I never got rid of it. But, such is life and right now, I can't pull 50#'s with my shoulder.

Bob's bows are great pieces of work and he is an outstanding guy to do business with. You can't go wrong with his bows.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
I have had a few Kohannah's,a Kurve and a couple of his longbows.They all were great shooting bows,fit and workmanship is great.I think they are an excellent buy in trad bows these days,he has been building bows for many years.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
I have a wind walker and can say the workmanship is top notch, smooth shooters as well.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 01:54:00 AM »
I had a 62 inch kahannah elite l/b 50@28 very smooth shooting bow and beautiful to hold.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©