3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: EFA quiver modification  (Read 696 times)

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
EFA quiver modification
« on: June 15, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
Thump done this little build along with his mod. to his BigJim quiver so I decided to show mine as well. This is an EFA 4 arrow quiver I purchased from St. Judes auction. I am putting it on my Hoyt Buffalo so I wanted a 1 pc quiver that could be easily removed when I broke down the Buff. I modify about every quiver I get and this was no exception. This has a little Kanati quiver resemblance to it but the whole quiver comes off when thumb nuts are removed. I am going to call Scott at Onestringer wraps tomorrow and try to get a wrap made to match my limbs that will cover the flat aluminum. This thing is rock solid and quiet on this bow, I was impressed with it. Here it is:

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: EFA quiver modification
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
Looks good Ckanous post a pic with the wraps when your done  :clapper:

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
Chris, thanks for supporting the St Jude's Auction. It's one of my favorite charities.

Several years ago we made several prototypes of similar attachment systems to result in a one piece quiver. Eventually we came to our "totem" and "wing" system which give similar results using the limb wraps.

The reason for doing it was to tone down the Rambo look of the flat medal. That's not a negative, it's just that some of us want to stay more traditional than others do. That's what is great about traditional archery. There is room for primitive, traditional, and modern traditional. Keep up the good ideas.

:clapper:    :archer2:

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
I made a few similar bow quivers by taking parts from others. I ended up doing a spray paint camo on the metal and liked it. Looks like it'll do the job
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Hey Don I have a Totem model on my Hoots recurve and love it. I just wanted to try something different again, I like to tinker to much! Keep up the great work on your quivers Don!

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
Forgot to mention I talked to Scott today and have a camo wrap for the bar on the way to match the limbs. I'll post the pics when its finished.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
The wrap came in a week ago and I finally got it put on and some pics of the finished project!

Put back together!

A couple shots mounted on the Buffalo

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
Chris, that looks like it will work well for you, and with the wrap, it comes together well. That's pretty crafty. Do you do contract work? Ha.

:clapper:      :archer2:

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »
Added this light to the quiver this morning, got tired of digging out of the back pack and clipping it on my hat. I also received it in the White Elephant package this year, so I'm putting it to good use :

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©