3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: For all you string guru's out there.  (Read 114 times)

Offline Michael Pfander

• Trad Bowhunter
For all you string guru's out there.
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
I have been making 6-strand strings for about 4 years now.  I started out making them with D-97 and now I make them with Astro-Flight.  I pad the loops so that they are 12 strand.  These are flemish not endless loop.  The problem I have't been able to cure is stretching.  I had assumed that there would be little or no stretch using these fibers.  That has not been the case.  I can't figure out where the stretch is coming from.  My best guess to date is the padding.  I have reduced but not eliminated the stretch by twisting the padding strands before I add them in.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MAP
Map
PBS
BHA
P&Y

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: For all you string guru's out there.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Flemish string always have more stretch inherent in their construction. However I think you are actually refering to creep, if that is the case I believe you have too many twists in the string. Even polester strings do not creep much when constructed properly. If you are actually speaking of stretch there is nothing you can do to cure that as it is a property of any bow string material.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©