3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How is YOUR bow shelf cut?  (Read 1198 times)

Re: How is YOUR bow shelf cut?
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »
The current bloodiest bow in the fleet has no cut at all.  My next will sort of  be the same.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »
Just asked Brandon a few days ago about my RoseOak Creations "Ace" recurve and he responded they are cut "To center"!

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
How do these numbers reflect on the spine calculator. Never used it I have just been very close on my setups and then tweaked it. Just curious because I would like to try it. My Robertson Stykbow is cut 1/8 past center.
USMC 82-86

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »
If you go to the 3 river calculator the specs on the bow side will ask for that measure.   You need to put in +.125 when using the generic R/D bow.  It will reduce the required spine.  Now, if your release is strong, through trial and error with known spined arrows you will find your personal quotient number at the bottom.   Mine is 9 to 11 depending on the bow.  Also, a Robertson fires a fairly hard arrow, perhaps more than the generic catagory, that will up the number as well.   Personally, I am guessing that variables with full length carbon or for that matter full length wood arrows can toss much of the chart data away.   For standard length wood and aluminum arrows, one inch or less past the back of the bow bop, if I can watch the person shoot and get an idea how hard the bow shoots and the individuals release is, I find the chart is very accurate.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©