3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Archery artwork  (Read 464 times)

Offline ChopOH

• Trad Bowhunter
Archery artwork
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
Anyone have any good leads for archery artwork?

Re-doing my family room and looking for prints/photos to complement Black Widow and P&Y prints, plus a bunch of photos from my own trips to the woods.

Thanks!

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery artwork
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
Jack Paluh comes to mind right away.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »
I'll second that!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:46:00 AM »
Amen.  Jack Paluh's stuff is phenomenal IMO.  I bought one piece where two woodland indians are hunting a gobbler and the hens nearby sense something isn't right.  Anyone who's hunted turkey with a stick have had this happen.  He captured that moment and their body language perfectly.  Sorry for rambling...  Check out his webpage.
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Offline JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 07:48:00 AM »
Pat Marino did a number of photo arts about trad archery. It included Fred Bear, Glenn St.Charles, Ishi, etc. I think his business is Heritage Prints, but you will have to do a search.

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Yep Jack Paluh is the best!  Oh how I wish I had bought some of those prints years ago.
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Dan Christ is really good also. Google him to find the web site.

I have a few from Jack Paluh and you cannot go wrong there (great customer service also)!

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
There is a gentleman on this site that dose stonecarving.He posted pics of one of his peices w/ Schafer and Schyhler(sp)w/ his huge brown bear.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
I saw a disturbing photo of Terry Green floating around. I think he had his shirt off.  Come to think of it, I think it was back up for auction this year.  

Must be jealousy and the guy couldn't take his wife looking at it any longer    ;)      ;)      :readit:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline snakewood3

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
What about something like this....

U.S. Navy Seabees '79 - '86
Custom knives and leatherwork

Offline benny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
Man...thats awesome Chuck.

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Jack Paluh and Des McCaffrey (sp?)
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
Here is a really nice print from Des McCaffrey.

To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline toppredator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Jack Paluh is awesome but that Des McCaffrey's stuff looks very cool, too.

Offline karrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
just looked at Jacks Paluh art work great stuff
Kevin Day

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
I may have something of interest too.  I have dozens of photographic images available as fine art "Giclees" printed with archival inks on 100%cotton, acid free, fine art papers.  Many of the prints were first published on the covers of Traditional Bowhunter, Trad Archers World and PBS Magazine.  Please note that when a TG member makes a purchase I donate 50% of the profits to the TG St. Jude funraiser.  In fact I'm making my 2011 check out to St. Jude this weekend.  Not a heavyweight amount, but like Terry says "every bit helps."  You can go to my studio website (www.logsdonstudios.com) or the link on TG sponsor Brothers of the Bow.  By the way, although my site doesn't currently indicate it, I intend on offering smaller size prints soon for those that want to own the same quality print but at a lower price.

(Note: Hit the F5 key to refresh the page if the photo fails to download.)

Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
FYI:  For anyone curious the shed on the upper left is the same one I used on the cover of the new DVD, Essential Encounters - Primal Dreams II. The buck ultimately scored well above 210 inches.
Gary Logsdon

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
Thomas Aquinas Daly
 www.thomasaquinasdaly.com

As good as sporting art gets, IMHO.

"Thomas Aquinas Daly lives an Arcadian lifestyle—both literally and figuratively. He was raised near Buffalo, New York and schooled in Niagara Falls, a city that in the 1940s he says was “horrible and dirty”, a city he could not wait to escape. “I had something in my makeup that made me want to be in the country.” When he discovered his twenty acre farm in Arcade, New York, he says “I felt like I had come home.” And here, for the last 21 years, he is happy, living in a 200 year old house, painting in his barn loft, living as close to nature as the modern world will allow. Each fall he sets up deer stands in his woods and readies his homemade bows and arrows for the fall hunt. All year his wife Chris prepares gourmet meals almost entirely from his kills and homegrown fruits and vegetables. While some might call him reclusive, this writer found him to be warm and natural, perfectly at harmony with himself and the world".

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Sweet.......♠  :campfire:
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
I am friends with Jack and own a couple of his originals. He is a fine bowshot, a lefty that loves his Roy Hall longbows. On top of being a great artist, he is one of the nicest guys I know!

I am also fond of Mr Logston, a fellow Murray State grad and in my opinion, the best photographer around. Just look at that cover art!

I say a little of both would make your room look awesome! Since I don't own any of Gary's work I think I am going to pick up one of his too! Good luck!
Mike Davenport

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©