3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Quest V -- Stories for all Posts  (Read 27259 times)

Online BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Quest V -- Stories for all Posts
« Reply #360 on: June 28, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Good idea on the small bag of sweets!  I made the hike up there two or three times a few years back. That is one hike I don't miss to much.  

There was a good bear seen up there 2 or 3 times but he would never commit to coming in.

Zack saw your big bear on the Moose Tower but it never presented a good shot opportunity.  He was a dandy by the sound of things...probably would easily top 300.  I'm sure Zack will be around soon and might share some info.

Online BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #361 on: June 28, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
On with the story...

After drawing stands, Tom shared some notes that Chris had left.  "Large sow comes in from the left at 930, then moves across the hill above the bait."  I was excited.  However, I was uncertain about going out the first evening.  After being up for nearly 36 hours, and 16+ hours of driving over the last two days, I was a little whooped.  I soon found I would be the only one in camp if I stayed behind that first night, so I was going.  I have never seen a bear my first evening out, but I believe there is some value introducing your scent in the area to let the bears adjust.

The Saturday sit was enjoyable, but did not produce any bear sightings.  I simply got reacquainted with the snow shoe hares, chipmunks, and the red squirrel hierarchy on the bait site.  The butter scotch chips Kip left behind for me were a big hit with the hares.  I listened to them hares chomping away on the chips well into the evening.

There was no sign of bears during my sit.  No sticks breaking, no sound of movement from the swamp behind me, and no bear vocalizations indicating anything was near.  With a little difficulty keeping my eyes open, I climbed down about 915 early to get a head start on picking up Charles from Big Bear, and Brian from the Roller Coaster.  

Charles evening was quite.  After arriving at the Roller Coaster, Brian was no where to be found.  It was 10:30 pm so with flash light in hand, off we went.  I arrived at the bait to discover the satelite piles were gone. Brian still in the stand and he was beaming with excitement.  No arrows were loosed but your first up close encounter with a bear is something special.  Brian was excited.  That really made my evening.

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2011, 07:01:00 AM »
PV,  
They moved it since we first tried to bait it.  Now it's Worse   :scared:   You climb & climb & climb...then you reach the flat area thinking you finally made it only to look at a wall straight up!
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #363 on: June 29, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
you silly guys please note the bowdoc did not ever visit that old man killer.He is why to wise for his years.When Tom mentioned rebaiting and I knew the gut buster needed bait I would always say should I start lunch ? that worked out great.You know and I know if its near lunch time Tom would always agree with me and say great idea bowdoc start lunch.
Now that I told on myself guess who will become the master of old man killer next year ? yes your right not bowdoc thats for sure.Darn I may have to take a rain check on next year for opening my mouth........Good fellow Charlie baited it one time for me and I love it for that bd

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #364 on: June 29, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
Cardiac is a lung buster BD! I thought this overweight Ohio boy was done in after two trips to the top. Tom wanted spray, two buckets of meat and doughnuts the last day. I thought it would be smart to do it in two trips instead of one since it was just me. I should have thought that through a little better!
  :campfire:

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #365 on: June 29, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
your a good man Charlie and I will need you to save your money so you can join us next year and it will help save the life of lots of us old goats if you do.You rock dude.Now what did you decide on the A+ premo bear you arrowed while we was goofing off in La Tuque at different times together ???????? bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #366 on: June 29, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
darn that reminds me I have not even got to the pics of the second week gang as yet bd

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
The meat is canned and she is being turned into a closed mouth rug. The actual skull is getting a beetle cleaning and then will be put in my "man cave".

Dan Jennings is doing my taxidery work. He was currently working on a full body mount blackbear in the shop. He wasn't even finished yet and it was BEAUTIFUL!

Google his name and check out his photo gallery. Awesome work!

Here is an example of a blackbear Dan did for another guy I know that got one with a longbow in Ontario.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #368 on: June 29, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
thats great will he be able to exposed the white area he does good looking work bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #369 on: June 29, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
saturday morning again and the new sheriff is in town bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #370 on: June 29, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
now these boys look like they been rode hard and put away wet bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #371 on: June 29, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
tellen tales of bear & bugs.Please note Tom is still trying to get us to eat the bad apples.You gotta love him for that bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #372 on: June 29, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
Zack and his father Jeff.Looks kind of like Zack is blushing a bit.Hummmm wonder what could make a young man blush like that on a bear hunt odd bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #373 on: June 29, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
Brian and CJ relaxing after shepherd pie and corn bread bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Big Bill eyeballen 14 year old Eli aka fresh meat.You better keep one eye on Bill you never know what he's thinking bd    

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
LD and the boys kicken it again after chow.I ai'nt seen much work or hunting for that matter going on here bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
another return member of the BQ club jumpen Jay Bird lead singer for Black Dogg.This dude is super cool.I forgot to fix the red eye's with photo-shop bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
does this look like a family reunion at granny's place or what ? Come on you know your all missing the old place big time bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
here are two really classie dudes right here outstanding guys bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
couple more great guys right here.But I feel sorry for the women in their life.Geezus could you imagin wakeing up next to that wooooooow bd   bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©