3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Quest V -- Stories for all Posts  (Read 27212 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Quest V -- Stories for all Posts
« Reply #580 on: July 12, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
good griff I just got caught again and I had to eat the second bowl of bear head soup in as many days.It was kind of better today not so soapy tasteing plus I added some of Kips seasoning still fairly nasty on the pallet though bd

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #581 on: July 12, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
A leftover half-cup of Tom's special fish chowder stirred in might have made it taste j-u-s-t right (Whew!)
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #582 on: July 12, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
Bowdoc,
I can't stop laughing!! Even though we are each on opposite coasts of the the country, it feels like you are right here in my living room.  I'll be at Denton in a few weeks...just remember don't sit too close to the fire, you might roll in like some of your friends  :biglaugh:  

the other Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #583 on: July 12, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
On a more serious note:

Kip brought me a trade knife from his friend in the bayou country.  Everette has No arms or hands but he still can make a knife and hunt with a rifle even a muzzle loader!  We had talked about a knife trade two years ago and it finally happened at week one.  Thanks so much Kip & Everette...Doc

Kip & I with my knife & Everette's knife.

Everette's knife.

Everette holding my trade knife.

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #584 on: July 12, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
I promised him pics when I brought the tippit knife to him.He wanted to know all about the bear hunt and really admired Jeffs knife.Today after work I brought him his pics the one from Canada and his pic and one of my bear that he asked for.Well I got there about 6:00 no one home so about to leave his Mother drove up
"wheres Everette"I asked   Oh he went fishing tonight was her answer.He is an intresting man.Kip

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #585 on: July 13, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
you guys I gotta tell ya outstanding story and knife trade went down on that deal.And on a BG hunt to top it off.Geezus that man (Everette) is man amoung men right there.Great read thank you Kipster and you too Doc you guys rock.You know it was worth the price of the trip to be there and see those knives in person and know there history.I feel honored to have been there.You know what I will say right now seriously to you two......I love you man
Hey Doc Denton ai'nt looking to good for me right now as bad as I want to be there to pull nutsack out of the fire on friday night again.I got a ton of work to get finished up.Or first off my old ladys going beat me sinceless in Seattle.And then she's going to let about 35 different bow collecters have their way with me.Holy smokes Doc that ai'nt fun beleave me.So's I may have to pass on Denton this year to avoid being killed by mrs bowdoc bd

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #586 on: July 13, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
God bless Everette!

My Dad worked with a chap born without arms and he nailed nails, played guitar, etc.  Amazing what people can do when they choose to adapt vs. give up!

May Everette continue to experience life fully!

Thanks guys for sharing that humbling story from bear camp! Amazing! Makes a person think...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #587 on: July 13, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Yellow Dog needs to finish his story......  :campfire:
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #588 on: July 13, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
hey yeah what the heck happend to YD's story ? Mikie where'd you go son ?????? I love your pics too buddy bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #589 on: July 13, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
done at last done at last no more bear head soup for the bowdoc got her finished up today....geezus I can't hardly wait to get back and do it all again next spring with you boys.You gotta love it you just gotta bd  

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #590 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Beautiful setup BD!I really like that picture.Is the Bear scabboard and file an original or a production? Looks very nice!
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #591 on: July 13, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
Ben, lets getting something straight here, Bowdoc ain't got nuttin unless it's the real deal.

Time to fire it back up   :)  

Work has been kicking my butt since I returned so it's been hard to continue the saga. To top it off the Tippit/Kip knife addition is such a great story. Tippet knives are very special and to come by one is the goal of many.

After leaving La Tuque, off to camp we rolled in the Bear Quest Convoy. Being a veteran of Bear Quest IV, I knew where we were going this time and I was puzzled why everyone came to an abrupt stop way short of the turn to Rothmans.

It was that darn Tom Phillips, who was leading the line, bailing out of that silver Tacoma to check the outmost bait site, the "Bucket Brigade" to see if it had been hit. Kip from week one had taken the biggest bear so far off it and Tom wanted to see if it was still active.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #592 on: July 13, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
Driving this gravel road into camp from La Tuque can be pretty stressfull. All the traffic is people trying to get somewhere fast and to do that they use ALL of the road.

Bright lights on and watching for what comes around the next curve at 50mph heading your way on a slippery gravel road.

The logging trucks are something else, wish I would have taken some pics of the one that Jeff and I saw with a full load of timber at the bottom of a ravine after the road bed gave way underneath it. It was "pick up sticks" for sure.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #593 on: July 14, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
Oh yeah Ben thats the real deal in my pic.I do not use it much for hunting but it looks good in pictures....
Nice to see you back Mike bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #594 on: July 14, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
here's a few things I've collected on my trips to Rothman bd    

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #595 on: July 14, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
Nice collection BD.

Mike... keep it going!

:campfire:

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #596 on: July 15, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
thanks Charlie...something is kind of weird though every year they keep getting smaller bd

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #597 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Smaller with less hair... sounds like a lot of guys as they get older. You trying to tell us something about yourself BD?

:goldtooth:

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #598 on: July 18, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
hey bowdoc,

I like the bear head soup story...and that skull came out nice.

It looks just like a real bear skull ONLY SMALLER!!!!   :bigsmyl:      :campfire:      :laughing:
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #599 on: July 18, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Ray,
Beware, I think Bowdoc has some of them Voodoo skills as evidenced in his ability to do head shrinking   :scared:
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©