3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Quest V -- Stories for all Posts  (Read 27209 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Quest V -- Stories for all Posts
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
you two jack wagons know what I'am going to say to you right about now don't ya...you two can kiss my patch ? hell yeah the one on my back pocket.
I do not like to change things kind of that bad juju stuff with me if I do.So's iffen you boys will please note in the pic of the 6 heads they get smaller each year kind of like something else of mine.....OK OK I love you guys man bd

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
If I was going back to Bear Quest in the future, I would be very very careful about insulting the cook ahead of time Ray   :) . Especially Bowdoc as he has the right demeanor to slip something special in the soup if you know what I mean. I have heard tales of hunters spending extra time in the outhouse when he has become agitated.   :D
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
yap Bill poor old uncle Barry found out the hard way about insulting the cook.The first words out of his mouth one morning was do we have any more toilet paper.He thought it was the clams !!!! bd

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #603 on: July 18, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Hey you skinny hunk of dog manure... now I know you did that on purpose. You guys need to think about this seriously... have you ever heard of a really good cook/chef who was SKINNY??? The guy purposely fed me rotten, dead, raw clams and camouflaged them with horseradish sauce, beer and tomato juice so I wouldn't know any better. Then he faked out my taste buds by feeding me a follow-up of a case of chocolate eclairs for dessert. I haven't been right since and it's all his fault. UB

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #604 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
holy begeezus Uncle Barry I thought you were asleep for the season.I never figured you'd ever read this again.Dang it Kissner you got me busted well I got myself busted but it was your fault.Bill you gotta come back to Que'bec with us again I got something for you.............oh hell yeah I do.
Hey Unc I stay skinny because Tom works me to hard up there.This year I lost 8 pounds while I was in Que'bec no kidding.I left home at 142.4 and returned 134.4 pretty cool huh ?
OK OK I ate the clams I preped for you by mistake that first night ? I got the orders mixed up and man oh man I ai'nt been right since eather Unc.We're buying the paper stuff in bulk at costco now I can't figure out whats going on bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
I almost pee'd the bed last night laughing my ass off at you two.Unc I will see you next spring pending the creek don't rise and the good lord keeps an eye on us.
And I know I just know in my heart of hearts Kissner will not be able to hold to much longer.He wants to see who gets it next spring for lipping off to the cook.Come on big Bill I got somethig for ya ........ look at this pic Bill you see what your missing ? thats the face of pure evil right there....100 miles down the road waiting to strike bd    

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
Bowdoc, ole buddy, ole pal. You know I'd never say anything bad about the best camp cook in the world! The best camp comedian in the world! The best camp BSer in the world! The best LOOKIN' camp cook in the world! Your effervescence is overwhelming!

I'll be back to Bear Quest one of these days and you WILL remember these things I've said won't you?
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Bill did I mention to you that in La Tuque aka bear camp now we have steak night one night.And I hand cut all the ribeye steaks from a side of beef no neck Tommy brings up.Those are all hand cut and hand trimmed by me.I was thinking old Bill Kissner's steak gonna be a little thicker cut next time.....right about now Bill I always say something like I love you man bd

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Oh God! Do I remember the ribeye! It was great and tender! Let me tell you Bill you don't want to miss steak night!Bowdocs not just another pretty face when it comes to steak!
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
UB, word from Bowdoc was you were warned by the veteran "clam eaters" about eating those nasty clams that failed to open after steaming. The reason being they were dead and would do terrible things to your pipes down to your poop chute. Shame on you for not listening to the GREAT chef bowdoc.

:biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline WhiteOaks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #610 on: July 20, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »
I could use some of BD's 60 Egg Omelet this AM.
BowDOc is an awesome cook.
He made some BBQ sauce out of thin air that was fantastic. I think he shoud go into the BBQ business. BowDoc's BBQ
Got a nice ring to it.
A world of opportunities awaits upwind but nothing waits downwind.

HH Wesley Special
Two Tracks Echo
Mohantongo Redtail
Mohawk Sparrow Hawk
Bear Alaskan
Bear Super 48
1958 Bear Kodiak

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #611 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
Oh wow thats all so sweet of you guys to say such nice things about me thank you very much ........... but please keep in mind if and or when you kill a bear on BQ be it saturday sunday monday or whatever day you get lucky.After that I own you the rest of the week and this boot licking well its getting you guy no where fast.
Geezus I swear to you guys right now no joke I can hardly wait to get back to La Tuque.
Time fly's like an arrow fruit fly's like banana's bd

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #612 on: July 20, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
Great stuff guys Congrats
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #613 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
UB,

I still tell that story- about you opening those clams with your knife and eating them.  I leave out teh other gory details but everyone can pretty much figure out things were "moving" after that.

The other great one I remember is that nice kid- the plumber from NY who bunked with you- one night he asked you a question, and you were very politely giving him a thorough answer- and you looked over and he's fallen asleep on you!!! That was too funny.

When I got back they all told me what a fool I'd made of myself after drinking Amarula....

We're gonna have to go for a repeat on that one!

Doc, I'm just sayin'.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #614 on: July 20, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
oh come on Ray that night you guys drank the Amarwhatever elephant juice stuff now that was funny.I still sometimes just bust of laughing when I think of that night.Dude that was almost to funny  bd

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #615 on: July 20, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
We are going to have a blast!!!! Really looking forward to seeing all of you
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #616 on: July 20, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
RH: So run it by me one more time exactly why you and Bowdoc watched me open up and eat dead clams?  UB

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #617 on: July 21, 2011, 05:48:00 AM »
Remember, I noticed you after you'd already done a few and told you I wouldn't do that, Barry!! That was when you stopped

Then I proceeded to get hammered on Amarula!

Hey, I would have thought a guy who lived in MT all those years and had experience with mountain oysters would really know his shellfish, or I'd have watched you more diligently!!!!

You definitely earned your merit badge with that episode though!!!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #618 on: July 21, 2011, 05:54:00 AM »
Double post sorry

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #619 on: July 21, 2011, 05:56:00 AM »
I'm thinking BD was already in bed

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©