3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Turkey pic...what the ???????  (Read 688 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey pic...what the ???????
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
Theres been two enormous gobblers hanging around the neighbor ranches pond in the mornings. They explode into full strut as I pass in my truck in the mornings. Good stuff! GIANT GOBBLERS! These have coke bottle beards on them. Don't know where they were hiding during season.

I was on a bull dozer last week clearing trees off a property. I looked up and thought to myself "where in the world are all these guinea's coming from"? There was around 12 guinea foul flying up and running in circles about 50 yards in front of my dozer and we were miles from any farm houses. Finally a really big guinea that looked a lot like a hen turkey appeared and I realized what I was looking at were turkey polts. Man was I releaved! I wasn't quite sure how I was gonna catch that giant MaMa guinea to show all my friends.  :knothead:  
I knew I would take a woopin. Worse woopin I ever took was from a Peacock and this MaMa guinea was way bigger.  :bigsmyl:

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
Dang Curtis, throw the camera on the seat of the truck and get some pics of those bad boys
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »
I was sitting in a deer blind the first weekend of January last year and had a flock of 12 gobblers come in to a feeder and 5 or 6 of them went into full strut.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Camera on the dozer Mick???? It's all I can do to keep my teeth from falling out with all that slamming and banging. They forgot to put any suspension under that d-9. Like riding a concrete girder across a really rough surface. Maybe I'll see them when I'm not on that torture machine and I can get a pic. CK

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
Mickey, hope this time next year i will be taking pics of birds and deer out my back window....
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by Littlefeather:
Theres been two enormous gobblers hanging around the neighbor ranches pond in the mornings. They explode into full strut as I pass in my truck in the mornings. Good stuff! GIANT GOBBLERS! These have coke bottle beards on them. Don't know where they were hiding during season.
 :bigsmyl:  
No man, the giant gobblers from your truck.

Hope so too Paleface...are ya moving?
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
Had two jakes step out right in front of my cabin door (U.P. MI) this past weekend.  The second was all puffed up and upset at something.  I was wondering what until he walked up to my truck and started pecking at my chrome bumper.  He stayed for several minutes looking intently at the bumper (and himself) at about 6" apart.
Funny
ChuckC

Offline wsm coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »
A couple years ago during early bow season (september), I saw a hen with about 6 poults while driving in to go hunting. They might have been 10 days olds as they could barely fly.  Strange, but true...BTW, I live in southern Ky.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©