3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Comptons 2011  (Read 430 times)

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
Comptons 2011
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
Our group photo with 40 of our best. At least I think so.

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Comptons 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »
Looks like a good turn out Bruce. I look forward to being in that picture next year.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »
Sorry I missed it, was busy at the booth. Was great talking to so many of you as you stopped by our booth
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
Nice group picture guys and gals!!

Offline DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »
I missed the get together, was on the 3d course and lost track of time. I did meet some guys I did not know and one of them only lives about 25 miles from me. (owlbait) I will try to pay closer attention time next year but at comptons it is a whirlwind.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
Nice to put a face with the tradgang handles (well, in most cases)  :bigsmyl:  I wanted to get to shoot with some members but my boy decided right then and there that he HAD to shoot some bows,so.... DWT, nice to meet you. We need to get a group together to shoot at 4B's range this summer. Nice turn out. I think Whip did a great job as Vender Coordinator and as one of the lead guys for the Tradgang get together. Smoke1953 HAS to be there from now on, ask him why  :p
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online HornHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
hey nice picture- thanks for sharing

but who's the "whitey" with the fake cowboy hat in the front row?  almost need sunglasses, should have rolled him around in the mud a little bit first, take the glare off.
There is room for all of Gods creatures, right next to my mashed potatoes!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
I was busy stuffing my face and got there too late for the photo shot..   :nono: ...  but I did get to sign the board.....
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Good turn out and nice pic. Hope to make it next year.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
You are not nice, I look like that to blind all game animals before their death!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
Whip tellings us what was up while a familiar face sits up close in case he stumbles.

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
Hey, Smoke, good to meet you.  My first Compton's and enjoyed it very much.  My only suggestion for next year would be to PLEASE have the blanket swap and the eating in separate areas.  It was hard to get to the blanket items and I repeatedly saw people having to tell others that their bows, etc were not for sale, that they were just eating!   :)  My suggestion would be to have the food tent area reserved for the selling and the pavilion area for eating....or move the swap meet out on the grass nearby. Of course you are not in charge of that, I realize, but figure somebody who is might see this suggestion. Loved the rest of it.....Dave
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
I counted 38....but then I dont have much of a Life!!    :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
it was a blast seeing friends and meeting new friends.  Brain, i kind of figured being next to me in a pic would make you look a lil FLOURIEEE!!   :bigsmyl:
Big River 1pcs longbows 60 47@26
Big River 2pcs longbow 62in 50@26
Big River Flatbow 60in 57@26
Dave Ricke Recurve 60in 47@26
WISCONSIN TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Neosho Archers

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Yep the TradGang title and the guilty party(me) managed to use permanent marker. Thanks owlbait for the reminder   :banghead:

David, thanks for all the advice on the Howard Hill Redman that I picked up for a great price at the blanket sale, it was great to meet you too. Whip is on the Compton's board and I'm sure they will look into your suggestion. I know one problem is that undercover space is limited and the blanket swap has seemed to really grown in popularity.

Another face in the crowd, Robtatoo, who also taught many of us valuable lessons in moonshine production and consumption. Actually was great stuff thanks to George Dickel's contribution and Rob's secret ingredients.

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
I missed the gathering too - busy at the Membership booth.  Next year hope to sneak over there . . .
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
Yup, those southern boys: Mason, Jimmy, Robtatoo and a few others  are "good people" for sure.  Had a great visit with them at the  Art of ishi (Michigan Flintknapper) booth. Mason is knapping some very nice points for his dad and Robtatoo to use.

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
Tired from the ride home and will add our pics later but had an awesome time at Compton. Got in bout 11PM. It was good to see everyone again !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
I missed it as well! Got busy talking and it passed right on by. Good to see all of the guys again as always. years pass by almost wonder why I bring a bow as shooting BS with guys seems to take up all my time. Every year you meet more great guys an gals and that is what makes the trad bow family so great!
hunt it

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »

This was a Bob Brilhart osage selfbow with bearclaw rest and Diamondback skin that was donated by Bob to the Compton's auction. I was able to win this at a reasonable price but since it was my 2nd bow purchase of the weekend I brought it back to the campfire and told my wife I purchased it for her and I would just like to use it once in a while.

As I understand he has won a few contests for his work. He left before the auction so I wasn't able to thank him for his generous donation. Unbelievable donations by so many. It was announced that over 200 kids shot and attended the Special Kids Events sponsored by Comptons utilizing some of the money received at this event.

Good to meet you again David.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©