3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: horne or dryad longboe  (Read 198 times)

Offline AZSD1

• Trad Bowhunter
horne or dryad longboe
« on: June 20, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
horne or dryad 3 piece longbow???? any input?

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: horne or dryad longboe
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12:02:00 AM »
I really like Dryad's products, but you need to shoot each and see which fits your style. I have a 3 pc static tip Orion recurve that shoots very well.
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline AZSD1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
I am leaning towards the Dryad.. They are good looking bows..

Offline doowop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Dryad hands down.

Offline Elk whisperer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
Horne hands down
The older I get the better I was

Offline Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
I have owned them both and they both are very well made and shoot great.  For me the difference is in the grip.  Hard to recommend one over the other.

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
My recommendation would be to find a way to shoot both, one will stand out above the other.  Both are great people to work with.

Offline mookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
I've shot a Dryad and it is a fine bow that being said I own a Horne's combow hunter long bow that I would be hard pressed to give up.

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
I have owned them both also and can't say enogh good things about them both.  I love the limb design on the Dryad's but the grip on the Horne's fit me better.  Try them both cause if you are like me the bow has to "feel" right to be the right bow for you!

Good luck to you!

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline TexasStick81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 05:01:00 AM »
I have owned 3 Horne's and loved all of them.  Each had a very different grip.  This last time he custom built me one and he made the grip just right for me.  If you can go out and visit with Mark and Sandy I'd recommend it.

Zane
Centaur Triple Carbon 60" 55@29

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake"

Offline jon_j

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Never had the Dryad, but I've it and loved it - didn't have to think to get it to shoot - it was natural.  The Horne that I did own was the most frustrating bow I've ever had - never got it to shoot to my satisfaction.  That said, I'd opt for the Dryad

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Can't help ya much on the Dryad's, but the Traditionalist & T/D Combo Hunter Hornes I've had were Shootin Machines !!! Great Bows !!! Good People ....

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Both are great bows by great bowyers. I would think personal preference and feel would be the deciding factors.

Bisch

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 02:55:00 AM »
Got to agree with Bisch I have had both,both shot really well,but you can't decide till you shoot both.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
I am always hesitant to post publicly on these type of threads as I am sure both bowyers are very good. Having said that I have a Dryad bushwacker I have been hunting with for the last 5 years and love it to the point I don't see myself ever shooting anything else. I don't know how long you have been shooting but I can tell you it really doesn't matter what other guys think. I have known guys over the years that have sworn by one bowyer over another or one particular bow over another and that bow may have been best for them but when I shot it it wasn't quite a fit for me.

The Bushwacker just happens to be the bow I have always been looking for. You will find the one for you in time. Here's a couple of pieces of advice I can offer from my experience and hope some of the other experienced guys will also chime in with theirs'. Take the time to call the bowyers up and talk to them about what you are looking for in the bow. Whether you are a hunter or target shooter. If a hunter what type of hunting do you do ground blind, tree stand, still hunting,hunting in open terrain or heavy cover etc.You will also want to talk about what style of grip you prefer; this is extremely important.......Good Luck with your search..... Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©