3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Attn NE Oklahoma tradgangers  (Read 1234 times)

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Attn NE Oklahoma tradgangers
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
I know of at least 4 other guys, who are not on the Tradgang, that are planning to come.  

Anyone who wants to come early just come on.  I know a few guys are coming in the morning....I'll be out in my shop by 8:00 AM.

Doug
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »
I'll be there with my buddy.

Anybody gonna be working on selfbows?  OR is this more of a get together and shoot the bull and a few arrers?  I'm game either way, just need to know what to bring.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
And remember, I'm providing Hamburgers and hot dogs.  You guys bring a side dish or desert.  See you saturday.
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Offline Dryrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
I was hoping I'd be in better shape but as of today I'm still not able to drive safely after my hand surgery last week so I'll regretfully have to pass. (If I have a sudden improvement and decide to come I'll bring a couple of dozen brats.)
Larry

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »
Larry,

Me and my buddy John are planning on coming.  Unless something comes up, I can swing by and get you, if you want to go.  PM me and let me know.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline Dryrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
Clint, I won't know for sure till tomorrow evening. Is your cell # the same as it was on our last wood cutting trip?
Larry

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »
Yep, still the same.  Give me a holler if you decide to go.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
I think we'll mostly be shooting the bull and some arrows, But, If Rocdoc doesn't mind, bring along a selfbow project.  I'd like to learn some myself as I am thinking of building one and would like some pointers to get started.
RBBHUNT

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
This would be a good opportunity to get some pointers.  Definitely bring your self-bow projects if you'd like.  If you don't have one started, we can take care of that too.....like I said, I've got some wood that needs to be split ;-)  I'll let anyone who wants to do some splittin' for a share of the staves.

Those of you who would rather just sit around and visit.....I'll probably be in that circle myself!

See 'ya Saturday!
Doug
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Offline Dryrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
Guys I reluctantly must pass. My hand has not recovered enough from surgery and I'm still amazed  and annoyed at how freaking helpless a fellow can be with his main paw out of action.
Larry

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
Dryrot, come on out and visit and have some burgers anyways.
RBBHUNT

Offline Dryrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
Unfortunately there are still some day to day activities that I require assistance with that I would not impose upon my best of friends.
    :banghead:

Have fun and somebody take pictures....
Larry

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Larry,

Sorry to hear the hand is still bothering you.  Hope it gets to healing soon...hunting season isn't that far away.

Are you going to be able to go to MOJAM?
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Well, thought I'd pop in and just say that I had a GREAT time!  I think all total we had 14 guys there throughout the day.  Had a few guys get started on their first self-bow and a couple of others just working on a new one.  We even had a demonstration on what NOT to do with your pocket-knife.  GREAT DEMO CLINT!    :thumbsup:  

Those of you who didn't come.....you need to make the next one.....great bunch of guys and some pretty decent shooters to boot!

Randy......thanks again for getting this going AND for the burgers.  Not hardly fair to make a guy who's been working a draw knife all morning go straight to the grill, but he was a trooper!

Doug

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »
Hey Doug...glad SOMEBODY enjoyed the demo- I sure could have done without it.  It was a good day, in spite of the unplanned side trip to the ER.

Thanks to everyone that put it together, and especially to Doug for hosting it and for digging into his wood stash for several of us.  I really am continually amazed at the generosity and the fellowship of the people on this site.

See ya at MOJAM....bandage and all.    :bigsmyl:
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
I had a good time and enjoyed meeting everybody.  And a big thanks to Doug for his generosity for hosting the event and supplying the staves and expert guidance.  We will definately have to do this again.  

Clint, I hope your finger doing better.

I have a couple of pictures I'll try to get posted soon.
RBBHUNT

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
It was a great day to shoot and I enjoyed meeting everyone.  Heal fast Clint, you took the good natured ribbing well.

Doug I found out that I had inadvertently made off with some of your things.  I didn't notice until I got home that I have some of your @#$%^ chiggers, somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty or forty, and I promise I'll figure out some way to return them.

The Bulletwood is going to make some dandy arrows for your Elk hunt.  I may get around 30 shafts out of those slats.  The Cedar is going to be as expected.  Reeeaaal purty but weak in the business department.  I'll dip some of them and post a pic later.

Gotta go and tend my @#$%^ chigger bites.

Dennis

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
Hey Dennis, you may think I'm crazy, but rub some plain ole white stick deodorant, like Speed Stick, on those chigger bites.  It's by far the best thing I've found for the itching.  Re-apply as needed.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »
Hey, I grew up on the farm so I usually put some faith in the 'home-brew' remedies for what ails ya.  Crazy?  Just depends on where you're from.

Dennis

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
Or fingernail polish.  I would use the clear!!!!  

Here's some pictures:
Rocdoc's shop:

and some of us couldn't hit a deer but hit a tennis ball!!!!!

RBBHUNT

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©